MANAGER, EMPLOYEE AND VOLUNTEER RESOURCES
- Designations Required/Preferred
West Park Healthcare Centre helps patients get their lives back by providing inpatient, outpatient and outreach services in specialized rehabilitative and complex care after a life-altering illness or injury such as lung disease, amputation, stroke, and traumatic musculoskeletal injuries. By 2021, West Park’s 27-acre site will be transformed into an integrated campus of care, including a new hospital building and additional community supports such as assisted living for persons with disabilities and seniors. This transformation enables the Centre to evolve its rehabilitative programs and strengthen links to community-based services to meet the future healthcare needs of our local community and the province.
- University degree in human resources, industrial relations or business administration, or equivalent experience; Masters preferred
- CHRL or SHRL designation with the Human Resources Professional Association
- Certified Volunteer Resources Manager designation an asset
- 5 to 7 years of related progressive leadership working in a unionized environment
- Strong experience maximizing the use of technology to create employee and volunteer department efficiencies
- Proactive, energetic and results-oriented
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong understanding of employment legislation and its application in a non-union and unionized workplace
- Strong verbal and written skills (ie. policies and procedures, memos to staff, powerpoint presentations, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer P.C.-based applications (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Available to work a flexible schedule to address volunteer needs when the volunteer coordinator is not available
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance record
- An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Manages the day-to-day operations and activities of employee/labour relations, recruitment and retention, recognition, HRIS, and volunteer resources.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives based on strategy, customer expectations and corporate policies and leading practices.
- Actively seeks creative solutions and input from team members, evaluates relevant information and data resources when developing directions, establishes plans within available resources and evaluates feedback from customers to proactively plan for continuous improvement.
- Explores and creates operational synergies between the human resources and volunteer functions.
- Allocates resources within budgeted limits to maximize their effectiveness in achieving departmental goals.
- Development of comprehensive recruitment resources that optimizes community awareness, digital resources, and social media to attract qualified and competent volunteers and employees.
- Monitors employee and volunteer practices to align with legislated requirements, collective agreement provisions, and Hospital policies and practices.
- Establishes effective two-way communications and feedback loops to foster continuous learning, self-improvement and encourages this among staff for purposes of professional and personal growth.
- Development, implementation and evaluation of Centre-wide orientation (Day 1) of new employees to the Hospital as well as collaborating with the appropriate clinical leads for the alignment of Day 1 orientation with the clinical orientation for new clinical staff.
- Maintains current expertise and knowledge of Employment Standards Act, the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, collective agreements and other employment related legislation in order to ensure compliance and provide advice and counsel.
- Collaborates with the Payroll Department and Information Technology staff to ensure that the HRIS/Payroll system is configured to reflect current policy and collective agreement language, and legislative requirements.
- Ensures that performance management program and related appraisals are initiated and up-to-date.
- Implements metrics to measure efficiency and effectiveness of employee and volunteer department resources. This includes maintenance of data integrity, reliability, validity and completeness and analysis.
- Manages, and acts as a liaison with secondary school and community agencies to promote volunteerism at the Hospital.
- Role models the core values of the Centre while performing work with key consideration to maintaining a just culture.
- Manage the employee and volunteer recognition programs such as Staff Festive event, volunteer appreciation week, Annual BBQ.
- Develops employee and volunteer recruitment and retention strategies.
- Oversees the lobby sales program and holiday season gift bags for CCC patients
- Works collaboratively with West Park managers and frontline staff to provide the availability of appropriate volunteers.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4633.
If you’re committed to making a difference, have a passion for helping others, and are looking for a place to contribute and grow, then we would like to talk to you. As a West Park Healthcare Centre team member, you’ll discover the rewards of a caring community of staff, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families – a community that has inspired people to choose West Park for more than 100 years
Please submit a cover letter and resume, preferably via online application, to
https://www.westpark.org/en/Careers or by fax to: 416-243-3422
Application Deadline is July 15, 2019
We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those selected for interviews
To learn more about West Park’s services, our organization and our role in the community, please visit us at: www.westpark.org