Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Are you ready to reach your potential and make a direct impact on employee engagement here at Softchoice?
As our Human Resource Generalist in our People and Growth (P&G) Department, you will support a dedicated client group of Managers and employees in the achievement of our Organizational objectives. You will also have the opportunity to work with employees and help make Softchoice an even Greater Place to Work!
We will be looking for you – and your passion - to join our team to plan and execute our HR strategies to contribute directly to our company’s growth, culture and performance!
As our Human Resources Generalist, you will:
- Drive processes relating to the complete employee life cycle including new employee “touchpoints”, benefit orientations, performance management, internal promotion and transfer offers, leave of absences and employee departures
- Support the HR Business Partner with the execution of key programs such as Softchoice Talent review processes, Annual Engagement Survey and other initiatives aligned to the particular Client Group
- Respond to employee queries regarding company policies, practices, programs and processes relating to the employee experience.
- Support HR Business Partner with employee relations and performance management, including progressive discipline management, complaints investigations and dispute resolution, and involuntary terminations
- Conduct exit interviews for purposes of identifying trends and patterns, and make recommendations to improve employee engagement and retention levels
- Ensure compliance with Canadian federal and provincial legislation, and U.S. federal and state regulations regarding all aspects of employment law
Support immigration visas and relocations as required
As our ideal candidate, you:
- Work well as part of a team and can build strong relationships but can also work autonomously
- Possess excellent interpersonal and decision making skills and are critical thinkers
- Have strong learning orientation focused on providing a positive customer experience for your stakeholders
- Have the ability to identify and solve problems in a structured and analytical way
- Are highly motivated with sound organizational skills
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- A Post-Secondary degree with a focus in Human Resources Management
- 3 years of related experience as Human Resources Generalist in a fast paced environment
- Experience and exposure to relevant legislation and regulations (Canada and US)
- A CHRP designation with a CHRL designation in progress
- A high attention to detail with the ability to act with discretion and confidentiality
- Advanced skills in MS Office, Outlook, Oracle and other databases
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 14 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2019)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
*Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process.
More searches like this
- HR Consultant - Independent Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Toronto
- Information Technology, Software, Services Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Toronto