Human Resources Manager
COSTI REQUIRES A HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
FOR ITS HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The successful candidate will be a member of the HR team and report to the Director of Human Resources. The HR Manager will support our management team in the areas of: recruitment, job evaluation, health and safety, employee relations, and other human resources initiatives.
This is a non-Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Counsels management and staff regarding human resources issues. Provides advice and guidance on the interpretation of the Collective Agreement, Human Resources related legislation, policies and practices.
- Supports managers in addressing employee relations and performance issues, using each issue as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the issue.
- Ensures performance appraisal reviews are conducted and assists managers as needed.
- Tracks and monitors the disciplinary process.
- Leads, coordinates and participates in the full cycle of recruitment within the agency. Recruits and monitors conformance to hiring practices and Collective Agreement obligations. Oversees all aspects of the onboarding process for new hires in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (HRIS).
- Reviews the work of Senior HR Administrator in relation to updating HRIS for any changes related to rates, contract extensions, assignment change, layoffs etc.
- Member of the Job Evaluation Committee.
- Participates and supports manages in Job Evaluation process and its meetings.
- Provides resources for management during collective bargaining.
- Provides health and safety consultation to location managers and WSIB management of claims.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist within a unionized environment. CHRL or CHRP Certification desired, but not required.
- Previous experience with an integrated HRIS system required. Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV an asset.
- Computer skills are required in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel, Word, and internet/intranet.
- Thorough knowledge of Ontario labour and employment related legislation.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English. The ability to speak another language is an asset.
- Positive approach to managing relationships and problem solving.
- Proven ability to work within a multicultural setting.
- Highly developed organizational skills and detail orientated.
- JHSC Certification Parts 1 and 2 an asset.
LOCATION: 1710 Dufferin Street, Toronto
DURATION: July 15, 2019
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $59,569 to $64,773 + benefits
POSTING DATE: June 21, 2019
CLOSING DATE: July 5, 2019
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference #79-19, to:
Email: Julie.Martin@costi.org Fax: 416.658.8537