Manager, Human Resources
Keyano College is located in Wood Buffalo, home of the Athabasca Oil Sands, one of the largest deposits of recoverable oil in the world. With two campuses in Fort McMurray, one in Fort Chipewyan and learning centres in Fort McKay and Gregoire Lake, the College is at the epicenter of the Canadian economy and a major player in the education and training of the skilled workforce required to develop this incredible resource.
Keyano College is currently seeking an innovative, highly motivated individual to assume the key position of Human Resources Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director the Human Resource Manager will provide advice, guidance, coaching, facilitation, and training to stakeholders on a wide range of human resource matters, including:
- Leading the recruitment function by developing strategies as well as providing advice on best practices in interviewing and selection.
- Supporting labour relations training, negotiations and issue resolution.
- Leading the development and implementation of best practices in various human resource functions (e.g. performance management, attendance management, succession planning, training and development initiatives).
- Providing guidance and support to managers in achieving their strategic priorities.
- Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in a unionized environment including:
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality, accountability, demonstrated emotional intelligence and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive and current human resource management principles and practices to respond to complex problems and develop creative, effective and strategic solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in coaching and team leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and interpret a range of legislation, policies and collective agreements.