French Bilingual Human Resources Representative
The Human Resources Representative is an integral member of the Human Resources Team, reporting directly to the Area Human Resources Manager, and actively collaborates with our managers, supervisors and associates. This field-based position supports a business unit of approximately 600 associates in more than 25 locations across 4 provinces. This position is responsible for proactively developing relationships and executing on all aspects of the human resources function with emphasis in the areas of talent acquisition and management training and development, diversity, inclusion and engagement, performance management, associate and labour relations, and compliance. The Human Resources Representative will generate innovative solutions that drive processes and programs that help to ensure associates are equipped to achieve exceptional results, while at the same time realizing their professional goals and objectives.
This position is based out of Mississauga, Ontario.
- Associate and Labour Relations:
- Make contributions that reinforce a workplace that mirrors our Employee Value Proposition
- Ensures a positive Associate Experience, including Onboarding and New Hire Orientation
- Participate in investigations, prepare summaries and make recommendations as directed by the HR Manager Training and Development:
- Support in the preparation and execution of the talent review and succession planning process
- Work with HR Manager to create and ensure successful completion of individual development plans
- Train managers with the tools and training to optimize their performance
- Schedule training events, identify participants and venues, prepare materials and facilitate as needed Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement:
- Champion and promote diversity in all aspects of human resource practices
- Work with managers to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Influence leaders in the execution and sustainability of associate engagement action plans Talent Acquisition:
- Work with the Recruiting and Area teams to create an Area Staffing Plan based on business growth, workforce planning, analytics, and diversity objectives
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to acquire top talent through improved selection tools and criteria, and local outreach efforts
- Reinforce promotion process, ensuring a positive experience for the internal associate Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all provincial employment laws and regulations
- Communicate, interpret and consistently apply company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource processes
- Conduct regular compliance reviews at location level
- Partners with HR Manager and Safety team to ensure safe workplace
- French Bilingual- fluent in both verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources or a relevant discipline with course work in the Human Resources field.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Leader (CHRL) designation or in progress
- 2 years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Creative, independent self-starter who excels in a fast paced environment
- Agile and quick learner, enjoys collaborative projects and continuous education
- Strong business acumen to align both business objective and HR strategies with corporate goals.
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills)
- Ability to effectively manage projects to timely completion
- Knowledge of HR practices and principles, as well as, all applicable labour and human rights legislation in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- Must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Regular travel within 100km of base office location in Mississauga (60%).Additional travel required to Quebec and Southwestern Ontario (30%)
- Must possess a G class license.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with Ontario’s AODA, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs know.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.