Human Resources Advisor
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Development, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with HR partners, employees and business leaders to provide and support a culture of learning, growth and development. This person will provide HR consultative and business focused services, which will include coaching/guidance to People Leaders and team members, employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, talent selection and day to day HR support.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to people managers and team members on interpretation of employee policies and procedures as it relates to performance, employee development and people management.
- Support all staff and managers with HR concerns, encompassing our mission while ensuring compliance to legislation is met.
- Counsel managers on HR documentation such as employee letters, employment contracts, letters of understanding.
- Bring forward recommendations to better improve quality and speed of HR service and user friendliness
- Liaise with external, legal, and legislative agencies as required
- Facilitate workshops, team training and orientations
- Working knowledge of current legislation inclusive of but not limited to Employment Standards Act, WSIB, OH&SA, Human Rights Code
- Proficient in computer use and relevant software such as HRMS/HRIS
- Excellent Communication Skills as it relates to HR communication
- Human Resources Management Diploma or higher
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check
- CHRP designation an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as HR Advisor, Generalist, or equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to travel to all locations throughout Goodwill Industries Ontario Great Lakes territory
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Goodwill Industries is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available at all stages of recruitment, selection and employment. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources to make appropriate arrangements.