Employee Relations Manager
Responsible to provide advice and consultation to support Luxottica’s positive employee relations strategy, including but not limited to: investigation of employee open door concerns, consultation with cross functional partners to resolve to employees’ questions/concerns in a timely manner, interpretation of company policies for management, assisting management to address performance issues, identifying resources to support managements’ HR needs, counselling management regarding their responsibilities, supporting compliance efforts and coach on changes in relevant laws/regulations,
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize exceptional active listening skills to issue spot and ask appropriate follow up probing questions.
- Assume lead investigative role for concerns of mid-level/risk complexity, as well as corrective actions and terminations.
- Investigate issues by assembling all relevant facts, interviewing case critical witnesses, reviewing similar cases, and using knowledge, judgment & experience to recommend a course of action to brand leadership.
- Handle complex and emotionally charged issues with composure by addressing the situation objectively and without bias.
- Consult with managers in writing and deliver feedback in a manner that motivates employees to improve, while also providing solid documentation for terminations (if needed).
- Ensure Company policies and practices are followed consistently and fairly.
- Interpret and apply applicable labour and employment laws in Canada, regulations and standards at the federal and state level for the U.S. and applicable laws in Puerto Rico.
- Assist managers with diagnosing and resolving issues through proper questioning techniques and risk assessment.
- Understand and apply Company policy/procedure and applicable law in consultation managers on best practices that reduces the risk of the Company.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve/escalate issues within established timelines; conduct investigations in partnership with HR Business Partners and Employee Relations Center of Excellence (as necessary).
- Collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate.
- Partner closely with Asset Protection to gain knowledge of store compliance and support corrective actions and terminations.
- Other duties, responsibilities and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent HR experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively
- Ability to conduct investigations in a neutral and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge Canadian Employment Law
- 5-7 Years of HR experience with an emphasis on Employee and Labour Relations.
- CHRL, , CHRE or CPHR certification
- Bilingual in French and/or Spanish