Human Resources Manager (USA team)
ABOUT THE TEAM
kite (a division of SDI Mktg - www.sdimktg.com) is a North American connections and conversion agency (www.wearekite.com) with a focus on the human elements that ultimately connect the dots between a brand and its customer. kite is in the business of building value in the lives of its clients and their customers, with capabilities in industries including financial, retail and beyond. With offices across North America, kite employs a network of highly skilled experience ambassadors to meet the evolving needs of its vast client base.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are a consummate HR professional with proven USA-based HR experience and knowledge. You are a highly detail-oriented, people-centric individual who proactively demonstrates the ability to take the initiative. You have strong leadership and communication skills and have the ability to build effective working relationships with all levels of a company. Focused on delivery, you work well under pressure to strategically meet deadlines.
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT TO US
The HR Manager (USA) will contribute to the growth and development of the kite USA team and Company by overseeing all aspects of national USA-based HR practices and processes, including but not limited to the following areas: employee relations, talent management (recruitment, retention, development, compliance etc.), health & safety, rewards & recognition, compensation, benefits administration, compliance and performance management. You will ensure proper implemention of HR programs, policies, procedures and advising on best practices which supports the Company needs, strategy and objectives. .
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE ARE:
With the support of the Director, HR, the HR Manager (USA) will be responsible for the following:
- Be the front line, first point of contact HR advisor to the kite USA team (approximately 50 employees nationally)
- Manage and mentor direct deport(s) as assigned.
- Advise SVP, Senior Client Services Directors and regional management teams on policies & procedures, onboarding, health & safety, progressive disciplines, terminations, leave of absence, ADA requests, benefits eligibility and enrollment, etc. as well as performance management and employee recognition programs
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to managers and employees with specific focus on: employee relations, performance management, career development and talent assessment, hiring and retention, employee advocacy / engagement, and application and training on workplace policy processes
- Be the consultant and knowledge base for all national USA employment laws and compliance regulations (i.e. ADA, ACA, FLSA, FMLA, LOA, EEOC, OSH, etc.)
- Advise leadership team with managing employee relations issues and ensure concerns are properly identified, reported and resolved
- Conduct thorough investigations in response to employee complaints and advise managers in responding to those complaints
- Responsible for responding to unemployment claims as necessary to include hearing preparation and attendance
- Ensure timely and consistent administration of the performance appraisal process to include providing guidance to management; and ensure performance evaluations and employee action forms are delivered and submitted timely
- Manage employee grievances; counsel employees and supervisors
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal, state and local requirements and own/manage the Policy & Procedures manual;
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and recommend changes, where applicable to reduce turnover
- Advise regional managers with candidate selection and temp labor staffing to include temp labor contract administration in collaboration with the SVP, Senior Client Services Directors and Director of HR in Toronto
- Manage the applicant tracking system (Paychex) to include posting jobs; ensuring proper processing of applicants; initiating pre-employment screens; and extending offers in accordance with company guidelines
- Work with the HR Director to execute business-specific HR strategies
- Responsible for communicating and providing updates on all human resources issues to the HR Director
- Responsible for the administration of all HR related documents from hire to termination which includes new hire orientation and documents , employee changes, employee terminations, benefits eligibility and monthly / annual enrollment, unemployment claims, worker’s compensation and OSHA reporting and administration
- Responsible for ensuring that all personnel files maintained and up-to-date in HRIS.
- Advise SVP, Senior Client Services Directors and regional management on employee turnover; ensure operation is conducting exit interviews to identify and evaluate causes of turnover; advise management in developing an action plan to address causes of turnover
- Recommend new approaches to policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Provide ongoing coaching to SVP, Senior Client Services Directors & regional management team
- Assist/Lead other USA-based HR special projects or initiatives as assigned by the HR Director
- Serves as the kite USA team liaison with corporate HR in Toronto
- Support the HR Director on other projects, as assigned.
THE SKILLS THAT OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE ARE:
- Highly proficient knowledge of national USA employment laws, HR principles, benefits, practices, regulations, compliance and procedures.
- A high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, accountability and work ethic.
- Proven management and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with leaders and internal team members at all levels
- HRIS experience (Currently using Dayforce HCM, Paychex and Salesforce)
- Sound knowledge of work permits and study permits within the USA;
- Strong working knowledge of conducting investigations, as required;
- Collaborative nature, resourceful and capable of working in a team and independently.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Strong project management and presentation skills;.
- Capable of operating in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage expectations.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Bachelor's Degree or College diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar HR Manager role (with at least 3 years focused on the USA region) within a medium sized organization;
- Experience within a marketing agency a definite asset;
- CHRP or CHRL designation an asset
- Bilingual English/Spanish an asset
- Valid passport for occasional travel to the USA when/as required.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check (condition of employment).
Are you ready to elevate your HR career to new heights? If so, then apply today with your resume!
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruitment agencies or email inquiries, please. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.