Compensation Representative, Human Resource Services
Please note, we cannot accept applications by email or in person.
Please submit an on-line application by visiting our website: http://www.yrdsb.ca/Careers/Pages/default.aspx
Position Title: Compensation Representative
Work Location: Education Centre Aurora - Human Resource Services
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week
Application Deadline: July 18, 2019
Interested staff members are required to complete the following on-line application to the attention of: The Recruitment Team. This position is effective immediately and is due to the acceptance of a non-union position
In compliance with Board policies and procedures, responsible for processing employee new hire packages, resignations and all relevant employment records, prescribed by collective agreements and the Employment Standards Act.
- To process and input employee salary, benefits, position changes and personal information for all new or rehired employees and ensure appropriate paperwork and signatures have been acquired.
- To process all resignations including generating and completing experience letters for employees resigning from the Board, as required.
- To calculate new salaries and determine retroactive dates for evaluation/rating statements, experience adjustments, degree and responsibility allowances for correct salary information.
- To process all staff percentage changes, monitor irregular percentage employees and input the sick leave adjustments, as required.
- To respond to and answer internal and external inquiries with respect to experience, salaries, collective agreements and/or current Board policies and procedures.
- To investigate, calculate, approve or deny related experience based on the terms and conditions of collective agreements.
- To track and record unqualified teacher information ensuring payroll services is advised on letter of permission status.
- To provide backup and assistance for other Human Resource Services representatives, as required.
- To receive, modify and compile information, including data entry from system generated reports as required.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- A two year college diploma in human resources management or a related discipline is required, or equivalent, as approved by the board.
- Minimum two years human resources or related experience is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal and computer skills are required.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and groups both within and outside the Board is required.
Draft: August 2016
Equity, Diversity, and Accommodation:
The York Region District School Board believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on his or her own merit, and we strive to hire staff that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and our communities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Human Resource Services strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Recruitment and Retention Team of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in advance of attending the interview/practicum. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
All applications will be screened based on the required education, experience and qualifications as noted in the posting and job description and as reflected in the application. Only those candidates meeting these criteria will be eligible to participate in the selection process and only qualified candidates will be contacted.