Full Time Director of Employee Relations
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
- Together with the Executive Director and the Director of Development collaborate on all decisions and strategic direction for the Peel Shelter and Housing Services Unit.
- Create strategic training and organizational plans to meet personal, professional and organizational needs of employees including the orientation of all new employees
- Supervise Manager of Volunteer Services and Donor Relations, Finance Administrative Assistant and Executive Assistant
- Budgets: assists the Executive Director and shelter Directors in establishing the annual budget, and prepare the budget documents. Works with the Divisional Finance Secretary in creating the budget and presenting the budget proposals to the Region of Peel. Receives, distributes and advises management monthly on performance to budget. Works with the Analyses variances as required. Attends quarterly meetings with the Region of Peel to review performance against budget
- Works with the Contract Accountant
- Provides all the shelters with adequate and timely financial resources and any other financial requirements, within budget constraints
- Create strategic recruitment and selection plans and oversee all hiring
- Coordinate the administration and negotiation of union contracts; Chair Labour Management Committee
- Lead all grievances and mediate workplace disputes
- Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish organizational goals and objectives
- Develop short and long term strategic plans
- Oversee and recommend compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive salary levels
- Administration of Unit benefits
- Evaluation of organizational culture and develop recommendations or changes to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Unit
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the Human Resource Department
- Provide HR consultation for all senior leaders, managers and supervisors within the Peel Shelter and Housing Services Unit
- Ensure all units are compliant with Health & Safety standards
- Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives and operating procedures
- Lead all internal investigations and complaints regarding employees
- Other duties as assigned
- CHRP designation or equivalent
- Valid G class Driver’s License
- 5 or more year’s experience in a senior Human Resource role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven relationship building skills
- Ability to function in a Christian environment
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Interested applicants are asked to contact Melody Watson by July 19, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.