Global Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Q4 is a leading global provider of cloud-based investor relations and capital market solutions. With the mission to help public companies drive valuation, reduce volatility and improve shareholder engagement, Q4 is a trusted partner to over 1,200 of the world’s largest brands. Our comprehensive portfolio of solutions, including websites, webcasting, analytics, and the industry’s leading IR CRM empower our customers to build impactful and strategic IR programs. Q4 has offices in New York, Toronto, Copenhagen, and London. To learn more, visit: www.q4inc.com.
You are an experienced payroll professional and a champion of payroll compliance and best practices. You will act as the main point of contact for employees regarding all payroll and benefit inquiries and take a lead role in the maintenance of our HRIS and benefit programs. This role reports to the Director, People & Culture.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing for 180+ employees across Canada, the US, UK and Denmark
- Facilitate administration of new hire forms, promotions, salary increases, and terminations while maintaining the data integrity of all employee records in the HRIS database; Respond to all employment verification requests and requests for employment letters
- Own and maintain all benefit programs (HSA/LSA, EAP, RRSP, 401K etc), plan design, changes and enhancements (enrolment, terminations, amendments and renewals) including broker relationships and reconcile monthly billing; facilitate employee benefit sessions as necessary
- Develop a comprehensive communication program for benefits promotion, to build awareness and educate on offerings
- Provide timely response to inquiries from employees as well as government, and other third-party agencies utilizing knowledge and interpretation of policies, procedures and applicable legislation in the respective geographies
- Audit and institute process controls to lower risk of errors and across all HR systems (BambooHR, League, GWL, ADP WFN & Run, RRSP vendor platform, etc)
- Facilitate administration of performance management program including populating, formatting and distributing of SecureSheets to the business; Act as main point of contact for SecureSheet vendor and administrative inquiries across the organization. Process all adjustments in Bamboo
- Provide administrative support for the Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP), drafting all employee letters and communications; Champion the Retirement Pension Committee
- Own and maintain all people analytics reporting for the HR team including but not limited to: Monthly headcount, Turnover, Additions & Terminations, Monthly Staffing and Flash reporting for Finance
- Support the Finance team with reporting and analysis including third-party remittances, year-end reconciliation procedures, and annual returns (e.g. T4, T2200, W-2s)
- Own Q4’s participation in compensation surveys to determine competitive compensation practices; Develop and administer compensation guidelines including pay scales & bands
- Take initiative to drive continuous improvements through identifying system enhancements, and new functionality to improve the efficiency, quality, and usability of the HRIS, and payroll systems, benefit platform
- Assist the People & Culture team with other projects as needed related to Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Employee Experience and Engagement
Desired Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field combined with 5+ years’ experience administering and processing full cycle Canadian payroll with comprehensive understanding of payroll best practices and relevant legislation
- 2+ years’ experience administering US payroll (e.g. New York, California) with up to date knowledge of State-specific payroll legislation and tax laws
- Canadian Payroll Association PCP designation an asset
- Experience with ADP Pay@Work, Workforce Now (WFN) and ADP Run is considered an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to reconcile and analyze payroll variances and discrepancies and provide detailed reporting & analytics
- Solid experience with HRIS systems; knowledge of Bamboo HR is an asset
- Strong sense of urgency, accountability, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with Compensation from a design, implementation, administration, governance & compliance perspective is considered an asset
- Highly organized and great time management skills - you’re able to juggle multiple priorities at once
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us every day to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Unlimited paid time off. Enough said.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity incentives for everyone!
- Employee Assistance Programs. We help you focus on your work life balance!
- Dog-friendly office. Hope you can handle cuteness overload!
- Food for thought. Complimentary tea, coffee and snacks!
- Themed socials. Karaoke. Maybe a costume?
- Tuition Reimbursements. We invest in your continued learning!!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.
- Trendy, open concept offices in a hip part of town.
Q4’s diverse culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Q4 employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.