Human Resource Consultant
As a Human Resources Consultant (HRC) you will have a diverse set of responsibilities such as providing support aligned to business targets and corporate strategies, and providing advice on general HR issues and concerns to designated departments. The HRC will work collaboratively with business leaders and the broader HR team (HR Communities of Expertise) to develop and implement appropriate solutions to meet client needs. Lastly, as an HRC you will provide day to day administration/interpretation of policies, processes, programs and practices which are related to Human Resources.
- Advises management on the administration and appropriate application of HR policies, procedures and standards as well as applicable provincial and federal legislation/regulations (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code).
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions on a variety of HR issues based on an understanding of client’s business goals, objectives and operating environment.
- Builds strong relationships with the department’s management team and is seen as a trusted advisor.
- Ensures superior delivery of HR services to the departments by providing planing and coordination expertise to ensure the effective implementation of key HR programs and initiatives for the assigned department, leveraging the relevant delivery mechanisms within the HR Communities of Expertise.
- Oversees administration of HR programs and initiatives in the assigned department(s).
- Works closely with the Sr. HRBP to implement the HR strategy and in close cooperation with department management.
- Manages the implementation of process improvements and special projects for the Division.
- Ensures quality assurance activities to monitor program effectiveness and support continuous improvement attitudes within the Division and Branch.
- Develops and maintains effective business partnerships with clients in order to understand and integrate their fiscal, policy and program planning and business needs with the appropriate HR services and supports.
- Provides assistance to communicate initiatives, such as through meetings, workshops and presentations.
- Facilitates communications on Departmental policy and project development and evaluation.
- Prepares and maintains ad hoc reports related to specific client needs.
- Degree from a recognized university with specialization in HR or knowledge of HR concepts, policies and practices acquired through formal academic training and/or relevant years of experience in an HR generalist capacity.
- Minimum of five years’ of progressive experience in complex public or private sector unionized work environments.
- Demonstrated business literacy and consulting skills with demonstrated ability to persuade/influence business leaders.
- Superior knowledge of relevant provincial and federal legislation, acts and regulations as well as employee and labour relations trends and issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary HR practices.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please apply online by July 18, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.