Payroll & HR Generalist
We are looking for a Payroll & HR Generalist to join our Human Resources team!
Raytheon ELCAN is seeking an HR Generalist to join our Human Resources team. The Payroll & HR Generalist will report to the Sr. Advisor, Human Resources and have responsibility for the execution of time and attendance and payroll activities. As a member of a fast-paced Human Resources function, the Payroll & HR Generalist is accountable for providing a high quality, accurate and professional support service to the organization. This position requires the successful candidate to work with a sense of urgency, great attention to detail, strong work ethic and ability to maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Works closely with Senior HR Advisor to ensure functional activities are aligned with business area priorities.
- Coordinates payroll operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of bi-weekly payroll process meeting established deadlines. Works in liaison with the global payroll team and reconciles payroll reports once processed.
- Runs audit reports to ensure entries meet established policies, practices and legislative requirements. Processes statutory, third party and benefit remittances and reconciliations.
- Updates and records information on the company's HRIS database (PeopleSoft) while maintaining data integrity.
- Works with the Senior HR Advisor to run various HR reports and undertakes analysis of key management information.
- Support key HR processes such as pension and benefit administration, performance development, absence reporting, salary planning and month-end HR metrics.
- Other daily responsibilities as assigned and may include acting as first-point of contact for routine queries from employees and managers on payroll, time and attendance, benefits, and other human resources policies.
- University degree or College diploma in Human Resources
- CHRP or working towards designation; member of Canadian Payroll Association
- 2-5 years’ experience with direct HRIS/Payroll experience working in Human Resources environment.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with all levels in the organization
- Previous experience of inputting payroll and maintaining HR administration for a large fast paced organization
- Previous experience working with data entry for HRIS system, preferably PeopleSoft
- Strong MS Office skills, with excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint (intermediate level or above)
We are looking for the following Key Competencies:
- Excellent attention to detail, with clear communication skills, written and verbal
- Highly organized and able to effectively plan and prioritize
- Excellent team player who is service oriented
- Able to understand and carry out accurately very process focused tasks
- Understanding of the need for discretion and confidentiality
- Confident self-starter with initiative and a professional approach to work
- Working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
We offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of incentive program and company pension plan.
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted