HR Business Partner
7 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will see us change the landscape of youth mental health in the coming years. We can’t do it alone. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take all of us. Sounds like a journey you want to be a part of? Join us!
HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Location: Toronto, with occasional travel
Position: Full Time Permanent with benefits
ABOUT KIDS HELP PHONE
Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has been Canada’s only national 24/7 bilingual (English and French) phone counselling, web counselling and referral service for children and youth, focused on mental health. We are pioneers in the field of virtual care. We exist to serve the 8.2 Million young people across Canada. Our values are rooted in being courageous, collaborative, innovative, resilient and trustworthy.
Reporting to the AVP, HR you will partner with employees on all elements of the employee life-cycle. From performance management, coaching and training & employee relations to employee on-boarding and off-boarding, succession planning & talent forecasting and planning.
This role plays a critical part of our employment journey and therefore requires exceptional internal client support; as an approachable and solution oriented HR professional.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of our human resources information systems and for providing expert level reporting, analytics and insights to support HR/Business programs and projects
- Drive process improvements and a passion for innovative HR solutions
- Champion Diversity & Inclusion efforts and provide support for initiatives aimed at fostering an enriching, inclusive employee experience
- Coach, counsel and guide management on the execution of performance management, feedback, and follow-up
- Provide support to the Employee Engagement Survey
- Monitor and evaluate employee satisfaction and attrition levels and recommend strategies and employee focused programs and activities aimed to improve employee engagement and retention
- Ensure consistent and integrated implementation of policies, programs and human resources management practices (compensation, recruitment, training, talent management)
- Research and provide advice on HR best practices and make recommendations to influence strategies and change
- Participate in special projects as requested particularly in change management initiatives
- Present a positive and highly professional image through the embodiment of our vision, mission, organizational values, and through HR policies and programs
- University Degree (minimum) with corresponding educational certification in HR
- 5-8 years of related experience working in Human Resources
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Unionized environment Proven skills in the complete recruitment cycle
- CHRP Designation Effectively demonstrates critical thinking while constructively challenging status quo by adopting the role of a change champion
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and detail orientation skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Human Resources/Employment laws and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality; approach issues with objectivity and sensitivity
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_CA, open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled:lastname_firstname_HRbusinessPartner
This posting will close on Monday, July 22, 2019.
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at; http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.