Human Resources Coordinator
ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services team work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
The Gowling WLG Ottawa office is currently seeking an HR Coordinator to join our Ottawa office Human Resources Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing human resources, recruitment and administrative support to the office; and providing on-site advice, assistance and direction in the development, implementation and management of all human resources programs necessary to support the growth of the Firm.
• Provides support to the HR team in the maintenance, administration and communication of policies, procedures and initiatives.
• Responds to general HR enquiries.
• Responsible for maintaining all employee files, ensuring records are accurate including updating the HRIS and Interaction systems.
• Collects, monitors and records attendance data for staff; produces attendance reports as required and responds to staff enquiries regarding attendance.
• Compiles and processes documents, on a daily basis relating to new hires, changes, terminations & payroll related matters.
• Coordinates the enrolment requirement and acts as a resource person in connection with the RRSP/TFSA plans.
• Coordinates various programs for employees, such as new employee orientation, wellness clinics, training, etc.
• Assists in various stages of the recruitment process such as advertising positions, pre-screening, interviewing, reference checking, etc.
• Provides assistance with the implementation of various HR programs (i.e. Performance Management Program, Employee Recognition Program).
• Conducts research on an as needed basis, which may include internal and external surveys.
• May participate on committees (i.e. Health & Safety).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post secondary education in Human Resources Management coupled with a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in a Human Resources position, preferably in a professional services environment.
• Ability to build effective working relationships and gain industry knowledge.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and prioritizing skills, as well as the ability to handle data with confidentiality.
• Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of HRIS Software (ADP would be considered an asset)
• Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.