Senior Human Resources Business Partner
1 day left
- Designations Required/Preferred
Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver compassionate, professional, respectful care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources team. The Senior HR Business Partner is a member of the management team of the internal client, and actively supports discussions and transfers best practices from different functions in the organization. The Senior HR Business Partner leads and manages the people management related agenda with the internal client including leading change management projects, and manages the HR related internal and external communication. This role shares the responsibility for the goals and targets delivery with their client group, as well as identifies and prepares development plans for the key employees and high potential employees, identifies employees ready for the promotion and rotates best talents across different functions in the organization.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Employee & Labour Relations
Hiring Salary Range: $81,565-91,755
- To provide HR consulting, advice, and planning services to client Managers and Directors throughout the organization
- To act as a trusted business partner within an assigned client portfolio that influences change and delivers solutions by providing employee and labour relations advice in support of operational planning and budgeting decisions
- Provide proactive HR planning and advice with assigned program areas to inform client decision-making on matters involving operational/workforce planning and risk mitigation
- Lead and coordinate people management processes with the internal client as a member of the client management team; share responsibility for goals and delivery target
- Deliver subject matter expertise and guidance on matters involving workplace violence, workplace discrimination and harassment, return-to-work/modified work in collaboration with HR partners (i.e. occupational health, safety, and wellness)
- Lead complex employee grievance processes, complex/sensitive investigations, and dispute resolution management
- Represent the organization at mediations
- Partner with legal counsel on matters proceeding to arbitration
- Develop investigation reports with recommendations for employee discipline and terminations Analyze data to identify trends (e.g. attendance, grievance types) and recommend actions to management
- Develop and implement HR policies, procedures, and programs in collaboration with other
- HR team members Develop and deliver education programs for client managers to provide guidance in HR processes and management (e.g. progressive disciplinary process)
- Bachelor in HR Management or Labour/Industrial Relations required
- Certified Canadian Human Resources Leader (CHRL) certification required Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) membership in good standing required
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Human Resources and Labour/Industrial Relations, Healthcare experience preferred
- Alternative Dispute Resolution certificate an asset
- Competent computer skills (HRIS, Outlook, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and proven ability to provide advice to clients on the application of these acts.
- Must also have experience in areas of employment law, employee, grievance handling, recruitment, accommodation/modified work placements, conflict resolution, displacements/terminations.
- HR experience within the healthcare sector is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated advanced skills in investigation, analysis, coaching, negotiation, consultation, mediation, Conflict resolution, critical thinking, prioritization, collaboration, problem solving, analytical, interpersonal, and relationship management
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Location: Humber River Hospital – Wilson Site with occasional travel required to Finch and Church
Hours of work: Normal hours of work will be Monday - Friday. Overtime and work on weekends may be required from time to time.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.