Human Resources Business Partner
We currently have a Regular Full-Time opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner in the Human Resources department at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. This position requires the successful applicant to work multi- campus as required.
Reporting to the Director of Employee and Labour Relations, the Human Resources Business Partner is accountable to:
Summary of Duties
- Understand the client business portfolio and identify, with the leadership team within the portfolio, unit/departmental needs related to human resources issues
- Operationalize HR strategies and initiatives that meet the needs of the client group and the organization
- Bring value-added professional HR advice and counsel to leadership in areas of recruitment, conflict resolution, labour and employment matters, grievance handling and other HR issues
- Act as a resource to employees on HR issues
- Lead and/or participate in the executing of various components of the Corporate Human Resources Strategy to enhance service delivery within the organization
- Maintain an on-going relationship with local union representatives and recommend approaches for early identification and resolution of potential problems
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, Hospital Administration or related discipline required.
- Professional Human Resources certification is considered an asset
- At least 5 years related Human Resources Business Partner or equivalent experience in a customer focused Human Resources Department, including significant labour relations experience in a multi-union environment required. Must also have experience in areas of employment law, employee, grievance handling, recruitment, accommodation/modified work placements, conflict resolution, displacements/terminations. HR experience within the healthcare sector is strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and proven ability to provide advice to clients on the application of these acts.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in investigation, analysis, coaching, negotiation, facilitation, communication, decision making, consultation, mediation, counseling, interviewing, change management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading corporate-wide human resources initiatives.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse employee groups
- Competent computer skills (HRIS, Outlook, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Demonstrated excellent attendance
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (in one document) quoting 191892 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please go to the link provided to submit your application.