Director, Human Resources & Organizational Development
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a medium-size acute and complex continuing care facility, offering both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as an Emergency Department with 24/7 coverage, and serves a population of over 135,000 primarily from the communities of Dufferin County and the Town of Caledon. Headwaters is accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, the highest designation a hospital can receive. Headwaters’ purpose is One Community, Caring Together which focuses on a broad partnership with other health and community partners to provide integrated care close to home. Headwaters is currently seeking a
Director, Human Resources & Organizational Development
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Services, the Director, Human Resources & Organizational Development is responsible for providing strategic leadership in the areas of Employee Relations, Labour Relations, Human Resources Systems and Operations, Organizational Development, and Occupational Health & Safety.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide H.R. leadership in alignment with the 2019-2022 Strategic plan. Highlights from the strategic plan includes:
- A focus on driving high levels of quality across the organization;
- Investing in the continuous development and recognition of our people;
- Partnering with patients and families and
- Improving the health of our community with our partners.
The role extends beyond the confines of the organization to building and collaborating with external partners through strategic community and regional initiatives.
The Director will lead a team of subject matter experts to build a culture that empowers and inspires people. The Director will be a change agent providing leadership and support to create and deliver advanced HR and OD services focused on fostering a high-performance culture and respectful work environment that attracts, retains and inspires the best.
- Initiation, development and implementation of hospital-wide programs in line with legislative requirements, collective agreement terms and human resource best practices;
- Providing leadership in employee and labour relations, including the administration of four collective agreements;
- Providing strategic advice to senior leaders and provide coaching and mentoring to director/managers on all human resource issues, including interpretation of collective agreements, HR policies and procedures, performance and attendance management, progressive discipline and employee development and recognition;
- Providing leadership and direction to the Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety and Central Scheduling department staff to ensure that the departments’ strategies, goals and objectives, policies, procedures and programs are implemented and communicated efficiently and effectively;
- Providing leadership and direction to Occupational Health Service regarding compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, investigation of work-related incidents/accidents and actively participating as a member of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee;
- Developing strategies for the efficient and effective recruitment, selection, on-boarding and retention of staff;
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of compensation structures that are cost effective, legislatively compliant and competitive to meet the hospitals’ recruitment and retention strategy
- Informing and advising the Vice President, Corporate Services of current departmental activities, issues, plans and developments.
- Providing leadership in the preparation for Accreditation Canada;
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in a related field, and Professional Designation (Certified Human Resources Leader/CHRL, or Certified Human Resources Executive/CHRE) required. An acceptable combination of education and extensive experience in Human Resources, along with a professional designation may also be considered.
- 10+ years of progressive, senior human resources leadership and management experience from within a complex, unionized, public sector environment, within the healthcare sector;
- Proven experience with strategic HR planning, while maintaining a hands-on approach in ensuring effective day-to-day HR operations is essential;
- Demonstrated talent for building relationships, fostering collaboration, leading transformational change and exploring innovative approaches to building human resource structures and practices;
- Expert level knowledge and experience in labour relations and the collective bargaining process;
- Solid working knowledge of all relevant legislation (ESA, Ontario Labour Relations Act, Hospitals Labour Disputes Arbitration Act, the Human Rights Code, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act);
- Expertise in health & safety including WSIB and disability management processes;
- Excellent team building, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; and
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills with experience conducting presentations for all levels of the organization including at the senior leaders and the Board of Directors
For further information about Headwaters Health Care Centre, please visit www.headwatershealth.ca
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter quoting job number 142-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.