Human Resources Partner
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Human Resources Partner to work on the Human Resources team, within the Healthy Organization division.
Under the direction of the Manager, Human Resources, the successful candidate will perform a variety of duties including:
- Act as a trusted business partner by providing HR consulting advice on employee and labour relations to managers and directors within an assigned client portfolio that influences change and delivers solutions;
- Provide guidance and recommendations to management and employees on the full employee lifecycle including recruitment, compensation, performance management, succession planning, and terminations;
- Labour relations including collective agreement interpretation, grievance handling, and building effective relationships with union leaders and representatives;
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on matters involving workplace violence, workplace discrimination and harassment, as well as return-to-work/workplace accommodations;
- Conduct workplace investigations and recommend appropriate action;
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies and processes to proactively attract and retain the best candidates;
- Participate in special projects pertaining to HR programs or operational initiatives such as job evaluation, engagement initiatives, operational process improvements, and systems enhancements; and,
- Create and maintain a positive working environment in support of MLHU’s values and culture.
- University degree in Human Resources or equivalent required;
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation required;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of human resources experience, preferably in a unionized environment;
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and proven ability to provide advice to clients on the application of these acts;
- Experience in areas of employee and labour relations, grievance handling, recruitment, accommodation/modified work arrangements, and conflict resolution;
- Demonstrated advanced skills in investigation, analysis, coaching, negotiation, consultation, mediation, conflict resolution, critical thinking, prioritization, collaboration, problem solving, and relationship management;
- Flexibility, sound judgement, and strong problem-solving skills to understand issues and resolve conflict in an appropriate manner;
- Professional demeanor and strong discretion in handling sensitive information with a focus on responsiveness and credibility;
- Excellent computer proficiency with HRIS (Ceridian preferred) and MS Office Suite;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal);
- Experience in public health or healthcare is an asset; and,
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by August 13, 2019 quoting posting # HRPFT-0819.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com