Human Resources Advisor
Human Resources Advisor
opportunity with Clorox Canada
Partners with the Canadian Human Resources team to provide effective and efficient HR coordination and support to deliver executional excellence in HR operations. This position will serve as a key member of the team, enabling the team to deliver results.
This is the perfect opportunity for an HR professional that wants to expand their skill set with direct access to the business, with the ability to contribute to the HR function and beyond, in meaningful ways.
The position reports to the Canadian Corporate HR Manager.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
- Support Talent Acquisition Process:
Partnering with the Talent Acquisition Partner and hiring managers towards the completion of necessary processes in order to support requisitions; participate in interviews for non-management roles, oversee onboarding processes for Canada; ensure smooth talent acquisition process
- Support Compensation cycle processes:
Lead the communication flow related to corporate compensation guidelines
- Reporting and Metrics
Turnover, recruitment analysis, etc.; develop/revise reports to accurately capture data and other HR related reporting and analysis used to support key HR decisions and planning
- Payroll support
Conduct monthly and bi-quarterly controls testing; Reconciliation of payments; Other payroll and benefits related duties.
- Employee Relations
Works with managers and employees to support them in management of employee relationship issues
- Develop policies and procedures that support local legislative and organizational requirements;
- Deliver coaching, guidance and support to client groups related to: general employee inquiries, performance evaluation process, employee relations and effective teamwork, with strong partnership with Country Human Resources Manager
- Filling and maintenance of accurate employee filling system
- Utilizing Microsoft Office for general correspondence, data analysis and reports
- Computation and statistics and reconciliations
- Assist Payroll and Benefits Lead with payroll tasks as required
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required
- Occasional commuting to plant environments (Brampton and Orangeville) may be required
4-5 years of work experience in an Human Resources role with familiarity and understanding of the operations of an HR department
Payroll experience / knowledge is preferred
Prior employee relations is preferred
Recruitment experience (direct or indirect) is preferred
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related general program or the equivalent education/experience
- CHRP in progress is an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PP) required; Knowledge related to Workday, WorkForce Now would be considered assets
- Solid analytical skills, ability to review and analyze data
- Strong Excel skills
- High level of confidentiality, strong organization, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Quick learner with the flexibility and ability to accurately meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Strong judgment in independently handling ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain attention to detail is essential
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy and professionalism and interact with various levels of the organization
- Energetic, effective and responsive with an eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-up as needed
Our No. 1 strategy is to engage our employees as business owners. That means supporting our employees throughout their time at Clorox – from their first day to their next promotion to their retirement party. We are trusted business partners who generate insights and creative solutions to support and help identify the company’s current and future needs.
More about Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products;
- Pine-Sol® cleaners;
- Liquid Plumr® clog removers;
- Poett® home care products;
- Fresh Step® cat litter;
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers;
- Kingsford® charcoal;
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces;
- Brita® water-filtration products;
- Burt's Bees® natural personal care products;
- RenewLife® digestive health products; and
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality® and Neocell® dietary supplements.
The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®.
More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Clorox Canada was founded in 1972. It is a team of 400 employees with the head office located in Brampton and two additional manufacturing facilities. Our iconic brands are: Clorox, Green Works, PineSol, Kingsford, Hidden Valley, K C Masterpiece, Brita, Glad, Burt's Bees and Renew Life. You can visit our website at: https://cloroxofcanada.ca/
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. The company has been broadly recognized for its corporate responsibility efforts, most notably being named to the Drucker Institute’s 2017 Wall Street Journal Management Top 250 list, The Just 100: America’s Top Citizens list, CR Magazine's 2018 Best Corporate Citizens list, Barron’s 2018 100 Most Sustainable Companies, and the first sector-neutral Bloomberg Gender Equality Index in 2018. In support of its communities, The Clorox Company and its foundations contributed about $20 million in combined cash grants, product donations and cause marketing in fiscal year 2018. For more information, visit TheCloroxCompany.com, including the Good Growth blog, and follow the company on Twitter at @CloroxCo.