HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Are you seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others? RNS Health Care Services Inc. is committed to being a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be while making a difference, one person at a time. In the role of Human Resources Business Partner, you will be a part of an amazing team that provides compassionate and high quality health care to enable client’s to live independently.
RNS is conveniently located only minutes away from Hwy 404!
A highly visible role serving as a consultant to various functions with primary responsibility of supporting/facilitating the development of culture and key capabilities for the organization and is responsible for securing and maintaining a productive, diverse, and engaged workforce, comprised of the best talent.
Reporting to the Office Support Manager, the Human Resources Business Partner position will serve as a business partner to their assigned business unit pillars and will manage all HR functions including (but is not limited to) recruiting, selection and staffing, employee relations, health & safety, talent management, organization design, and training design & delivery and leadership development. Consults with business leaders on company policy interpretation and provides guidance and counsel to employees on subjects such as disciplinary action, staffing decisions, performance management, and career planning.
Business Partner Consultation:
- Partner with leaders of assigned client to develop talent and performance management improvement strategies that optimize the talent, strengths and engagement of our human capital assets.
- Provide workforce/restructure planning consultation and oversight, including but not limited to, communication strategy, job description content, talent needs and compensation assessment.
- Serve as a primary partner and consultant to leaders and employees on all employee relations issues.
- Effectively balance employee and company interests to manage risks and create a positive employee relations environment.
- Develop employee policies to ensure compliance with applicable laws and to enhance employee effectiveness and engagement.
- Build leadership capability through facilitative partnerships and educational investments surrounding effective performance management and learning and development theory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Partner with operations client managers/supervisors in developing and implementing staffing strategy and in tracking and achieving staffing goals.
- Provide direction and oversight for the recruitment and selection process for hiring managers across all areas of the client.
- Source and interview candidates for open positions, management, and director roles.
- Conduct regular talent needs assessments to ensure a "Right Talent/Right Fit” workforce.
- Understand RNS current and future High Potential (HiPo) talent, their backgrounds, performance histories and capabilities. Ensure that talent is placed in developmental roles to expand their capabilities, experience and performance.
- Oversee the performance management process, ensuring a consistent approach across the organization that emphasizes individual development and regular and dynamic coaching and feedback.
- Lead the strategic goal setting process that incorporates meaningful SMART goals, set at the appropriate level with sufficient line of sight.
- Administer the feedback processes in support of leadership and management practice development.
- Facilitate compensation processes and market data analysis.
- Coach leaders through Progressive Discipline process as well as Performance Improvement Planning process.
Learning & Development:
- Partner with managers to identify leadership and organizational development needs and to conduct learning needs assessments.
- Pinpoint the appropriate learning and development activities that will enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals.
- Facilitate soft skills training as needed.
- Design and conduct participant survey and feedback sessions to gather insight for the enhancement of future learning/training opportunities.
- Serve as an HR subject matter expert to assigned client leadership team and management.
- Lead the annual Employee Survey (survey launch, communication, training and action plan tracking).
- Deliver the company’s Performance Management process.
- Serve as change champion for assigned clients, and partner in operational project plans.
- Develop & drive assigned client succession plans.
- Collaborate with managers and other HR team members to improve and sustain leadership performance;
- Conduct team development sessions, to improve effectiveness of team outcomes;
- Support onboarding of staff.
- Partner with and serve as a resource to employees, management and Human Resources staff to promote and maintain positive employee relations.
- Proactively identify, manage and facilitate the equitable resolution of job-related complaints and concerns;
- Attend legal proceedings such as hearings at the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
- Conduct workplace investigations and present corrective actions recommendation.
- Tracking and verifying field staff personal emergency leave days and sick days for payment to be received from Payroll department
- Responsible for investigation, tracking and follow-up of field staff resignations, terminations, job abandonments and inactive staff
Health & Safety:
- Maintain a current knowledge of all current and previous RNS safety policies and procedures
- Revise and update safety policies and procedures as required by regulatory requirements, changes in business needs or new workplace hazards
- Act as a resource to Joint Health & Safety Committee members
- Stay informed of new and revised regulatory requirements
- Ensure Executive and Management team members are apprised of all H&S incidents
- Communicate Health & Safety incident trends, root causes and action plan to correct
- Capture all injury documentation and forward to HR
- Liaise with management to determine suitable modified work duties
- Aid managers and supervisors in ensuring workers participate in the RTW program
- Manage WSIB claims and LTD claims mitigating the risk to organization.
- Manage, track and coordinate full cycle field staff leaves of absence (LOA) (sick, maternity, parental, jury, compassionate care and personal)
- A university degree or college diploma in Human Resources Management or a related field, such as Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Commerce or Psychology
- Holds a CHRL Designation
- 7 – 10 years of experience in HR, preferably in an HR Partner role
- In depth HR business knowledge with the ability to adapt best practices into practical solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian and Ontario employment laws and legislation
- Demonstrated experience using change management practices and tools, and the ability to champion change
- Forward-thinker who possess’ superior management, organizational and communication skills
- Advanced negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Tech savvy- the ability to pick up HR tools and programs quickly
- Ability to successfully navigate through data base management systems
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite, Visio, and Power Point
- Initiates and manages complex HR projects and delivers to the business
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing exceptional home and community health care services since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, we offer services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.