Recruiting Specialist (work remotely)
Skylight is using technology to radically improve the home renovation process. In an industry historically dominated by poor homeowner experiences, we’ve created a technology and services platform to deliver the ideal home renovation experience, from design to construction.
Who we are
Skylight is founded by a group of executives with extensive background founding and managing technology companies. Jasper Malcolmson, our CEO, sold his first company, Bloomspot, to JP Morgan Chase. Fiona Lake Waslander, Chief Product Officer, ran the Vicinity division at Rogers. Michael Gentili, Chief Technology Officer, was previously a senior technology leader at OANDA. The company includes individuals with backgrounds in technology, design, and construction.
Skylight has raised $4.2M in seed capital with Harrison Metal, Upside Capital, and Resolute -- all top San Francisco VCs. We are a rapidly growing business currently scaling our customers in California but look forward to expanding further across North America.
We are looking for an organized, driven individual who is interested in contributing to a rapidly growing company as a Recruiting Specialist. This role is critical to the growth of the company and ensuring a great candidate acquisition and onboarding experience. You would be responsible for working with hiring managers to define roles, the administration and coordination of all recruiting efforts, and the management of external recruiting resources.
This is a Toronto based job and while we occasionally work together in person in Toronto, we primarily work remotely via video conference. This is a big part of how we remain highly productive across the team. You’ll be trained by other team members both remotely and in person. Most importantly, you’ll have an opportunity to make substantial contributions to the core of a young technology company. If that sounds like something you’d enjoy, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is an 8 month contract with a high probability to extend contract or convert into full time permanent. We are also open to discussing part-time options.
Job responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Partner with hiring managers and lead the full-cycle recruitment process for new employees
- Manage relationship and process with any external recruiters we leverage
- Develop job postings and manage job posting process
- Screen applicants, interview candidates, develop interview questions and assessments.
- Track and report on recruiting funnel performance
- Complete reference checks and job offer documentation
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
- Source candidates and cultivate relationships to build a candidate pipeline.
- Leverage social media sites to attract and source talent
- Support full time and coop/intern hiring.
- Support initiatives related to employer branding.
- Build relationships with universities and colleges and lead on campus recruiting efforts if applicable
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of recruiting practices and resources. For example, draft recruiting collateral for the website, presentation or print material as appropriate
- College or University graduate
- 5-8 years of recruiting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong aptitude for accuracy and detail
- High energy, candidate focused recruiting professional who can effectively handle a diverse set of job postings and enjoys being busy
- A possibility to convert to permanent as the company grows
- An opportunity to help build a rapidly growing company, backed by Silicon Valley venture capitalists, serving the massive U.S. home renovation market, BUT doing so from the comfort of Canada
- Choice of work location in the GTA
- Great colleagues. Our team is experienced, smart, hardworking and really nice.
- An opportunity to learn both U.S. and Canada employment legislation
- Family friendly flexible hours
Skylight places a high value on building a diverse team, and a key goal for us is achieving gender parity and a culturally diverse team. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Construction Industries Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Ontario
- Information Technology, Software, Services Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Ontario
- Telecom / Internet Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Ontario