Manager of Human Resources
The County of Perth has an opening for a Manager of Human Resources.
Under the general direction of the CAO, the Manager of Human Resources is responsible for managing Human Resources and Accessibility needs for the County. The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for the development and the consistent implementation of HR policies, procedures and programs covering recruitment, placement, orientation, training, labour relations, Health & Safety, wellness, compensation & benefits and discipline for the organization.
• University/College degree/diploma in Business, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related discipline
• Minimum of 5 years current related experience preferably in a public sector environment including management / supervisory experience
• Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation
• Excellent public relations, communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Working knowledge of all relevant Provincial and Federal legislation
• Experience in labour negotiations and grievance/arbitration procedures
• Proven leadership skills in managing & directing a variety of human resources functions
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the workplace
• Proficient in multiple applicable computer software applications
• Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, be detail oriented and accurate
• Valid Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
For more information and to apply for this position, please visit www.perthcounty.ca/employment.