Human Resources Generalist
HT Productions is a leading distributor and manufacturer of corrugated solutions, packaging, sanitation, safety and shipping supplies headquartered in Hamilton, Ontario. We work hard to ensure our customers have excellent client experiences. We strive to be progressive, responsible, respectful, and proactive in all our business dealings and our culture that reflects those values.
Training and Development
- Partners with outside vendors or use internal resources to create training programs to enhance employee skills and promote effective management practices.
- Recommends training needs based on new initiatives
- Coaches leaders through various change management activities and initiatives including reorganizations, workflow redesign, and new job creation.
- Facilities weekly training topics for the operational departments
Full- cycle recruiting
- Partners with the management team on status of openings and forecasting.
- Discusses strategies to maintain an internal and external qualified candidate pool.
- Interviews candidates during recruiting programs and initiatives and as needed.
- Supports internal candidates with development for readiness into next role.
- Job Description creation, utilizing proactive recruiting strategies, interviewing, reference checks, etc.
- Make improvements and suggestions to employee on-boarding program.
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Partners with third party temporary labour to ensure departments are adequately staffed for special projects
Health and Safety
- Lead the JHSC Committee and ensure that WB is compliant with all legislation
- Facility all WSIB claims management with the help of area supervisors
- Work with the Operations Manager and area supervisors to ensure safe working conditions
- Partners with leaders to drive a positive employee relations strategy.
- Educates managers on legal practices, acceptable workplace behaviours and appropriate counselling methods.
- Fields questions concerning employee performance and violations of policy.
- Reviews and approves disciplinary actions and terminations, and ensures disciplinary decisions are legally compliant and consistent with company practices.
- Participates in disciplinary action discussions, as needed, and in all termination discussions. Conducts internal investigations and make recommendations based on findings.
- Seeks out labour relations counsel with review/approval, when necessary.
- Coaches managers on performance management processes such as performance reviews, ongoing development discussions, and performance improvement plans.
- Works with managers on how to set goals with employees, provide constructive feedback and deliver effective performance evaluations.
- Ensures performance review process is effective and efficient and communicated to employees. Ensure compliance with perf mgmt. program and everyone has a yearly review completed.
- Coach managers on how to have effective 1-on-1 meetings with employees
- Have 2-6 years in an HR Generalist capacity.
- University degree or Post Grad diploma in Business/ Human Resources, CHRP an asset.
- Have experience and knowledge of Canadian employment laws and HR best practices.
- Proven ability to interpret and resolve employee situations in compliance with applicable policies and legislation.
- Experience driving positive culture change.
- A desire to put your HR experience and skills to use and evolve a thriving employee culture into continuous employee success.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation and strong organization skills.
- Proven ability to work with sensitive/confidential information.
- Program and policy development and implementation experience.
- HR Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
HT Productions is dedicated to Employment Equality!
Whitebird is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. If you are contacted by Whitebird regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require any accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements. Applicants will be contacted after September 16th.