Human Resource and Administrative Manager
WHO WE ARE
Famme & Co. Professional Corporation is a progressive regional accounting firm providing accounting and tax services to owner-managed businesses. We have a diverse staff of approximately 100 individuals spread across offices in Stratford, St. Marys and London. Famme & Co. is committed to a high level of service and quality products which are supplied to our valuable customers.
THE POSITION – SUPPORTING THE PARTNERS
The individual will play an integral role by supporting the firm’s Partners as an advisor with an emphasis on:
- Reinforcing and implementing effective policies and programs which attract, develop and retain employees.
- Providing guidance in the firm’s talent acquisition process.
- Promoting the positive, family-oriented and supportive culture within the firm.
- Advising human resources best practices that reflect and respond to changes in legal and societal expectations.
THE POSITION – SUPPORTING THE STAFF
The individual will foster collegial relationships with all staff across the firm’s three offices. Support will be provided to the staff by:
- Delivering effective human resource strategies, practices, programs, processes and services efficiently and effectively.
- Promoting compliance with the firm’s policies and relevant legislation.
- Providing guidance to all employees regarding employee benefits, policies, and applicable legislation.
- Safeguarding confidential employee compensation and personal information.
THE POSITION – SUPPORTING THE ADMINISTRATION
The individual will ensure the firm’s compliance and administrative functions are well managed by:
- Processing the payroll for the firm’s employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintaining proper documentation for all employee personnel files.
- Ensuring the firm is compliant with all government legislative matters affecting the human resource function (such as ESA, WHMIS, AODA, WSIB, PIPEDA, etc.).
- Updating personnel policies for implemented changes.
- Completing other administrative duties as required.
CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Adheres to high professional standards, with an acute attention to detail.
- Articulate, with exceptional team-building skills.
- Strategic, creative, entrepreneurial, and disciplined.
- A practical, calm, and creative problem solver.
- Remains current on all human resource legislation and best practices.
- Post-secondary graduate in human resources or work-based equivalent, with preference given to a CHRP designation.
A competitive, experienced-based compensation package with benefits will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Famme & Co. is a family-oriented, equal-opportunity employer which is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. Recognizing that diversity fosters a rich and creative environment, we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the hiring process. In short, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org