Human Resources Business Partner - St. Michael's Hospital Site
Working in partnership with the broader People portfolio, the Human Resources Business Partner will play a key strategic role in supporting the organization’s leaders in integrating Human Resources best practices and programs into their business. Core responsibilities will include advising, guiding, educating and supporting an assigned client group as it pertains to the management of their human resources from an operational and strategic perspective. The successful candidate will support management decision making with proactive advice and solutions designed to meet current and future business needs.
Unity Health Toronto is currently recruiting for one full time Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to be based out of the St. Michael’s Health Centre site. Successful candidates for these roles may be required to travel and/or provide services at other network sites.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides a full range of value added HR services to an assigned client group. Key responsibilities will include:
- Support Managers in addressing complex employee and labour relations issues, including collective agreement interpretation, application of employment legislation & Hospital policies, conflict resolution, investigations, restructuring, accommodation issues, management of harassment and discrimination complaints, and other related HR issues.
- Complete investigation reports and make recommendations for resolution/outcomes.
- Work in partnership with Union leadership to address and resolve employee issues.
- Develop and implement Human Resource training/education programs and procedures in collaboration with other HR team members to support client needs.
- Provide proactive Human Resource planning and advice within assigned program areas to support client achievement of operational and workforce objectives.
- Engage with subject matter experts throughout HR and other corporate support areas to provide client(s) with a holistic approach to issue resolution, utilizing understanding of client(s) businesses, issues, challenges and related metrics to provide insight.
- Support complex absence management, disability and return to work cases in conjunction with Corporate Health and Safety Services
- Partner with Leadership and Organizational to design initiatives to enhance team and department functioning and manage change initiatives.
- Lead and/or participate in the execution of various components of the People Plan to enhance service delivery within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or recognized equivalent.
- Current membership with the Human Resources Professionals Association preferred.
- CHRP or eligible for candidacy preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources providing employee and labour relations advice guidance, and effective solutions in supporting Human Resource needs of clients.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leading workplace investigations and advising, guiding, educating and supporting leaders in managing their human resources capital and strategic business objectives.
- Superior knowledge of legal principles and framework associated with all aspects of Labour Relations (including collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, discipline and discharge, progressive performance management, attendance management etc.).
- Solid knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, and employment-related legislation (Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Employment Standards Act, Hospital Labour Disputes Arbitration Act etc).
- Experience working with an HRIS system and proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing values based, service oriented and collaborative partnerships.
- Self-directed with the ability to exercise independent decision making and discretion.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to apply at https://unityhealth.to/careers/. Please note while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.