HR & Office Manager
McGregor Allsop Limited is looking to fill the position of HR & Office Manager, who, under the direction of the Executive Vice-President, will primarily be responsible to direct the overall daily office operations of the company including office management, human resources and health and safety. The HR & Office Manager must possess the following:
- Ability to work as an HR Generalist, providing insight into all areas of Human Resources.
- Ability to initiate and model positive change
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies
- Coordinate long-term organizational planning in collaboration with the senior management team.
- Manage the company’s human resources function and compliance programs including:
- Organization and regular review of 3rd part health and safety compliance companies required (i.e. ContractorCheck, Complyworks, ISNetworld, QCSolver etc.);
- Development of policies and procedures;
- Regular review of health and safety, employment law, accessibility and related legislation to ensure compliance;
- Benefit plan organization including renewals, plan changes, updates and disability claims.
- Full-cycle recruitment (developing job postings with management team, posting opportunities, pre-screen applications, schedule interviews, coordinate offer letters, orientation etc.)
- Work with the senior management team to track employee compensation.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records in compliance with legislative requirements.
- Coordinate employee training activities.
- Maintain stock of health and safety equipment as required.
- Management representative for the company’s Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- First aid trained representative. (Training to be provided by company following successful completion of probationary period.
- Administer and manage inbound and outbound mail, including packages, courier services and other correspondence.
- Coordinate services required from building management.
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels; place orders as required; and arrange for servicing of office equipment.
- Coordinate the sign out of company equipment as required
- Photocopy, scan and organize documents for distribution, mailing, binding, and filing. Complete filing as required.
- Coordinate employee events including employee meetings, lunches and holiday parties.
- Act as the Company Security Officer (CSO) and maintain records of employee security clearances as required.
- Monitor company certification renewals (Certificate of Authorization, Consulting Engineer etc.) and ensure renewals are completed on time.
- Assist in the final assembly and submission of Request for Proposals/Quotations (RFP/RFQ).
- Three years of human resources generalist experience with previous experience in managing office processes.
- Degree or an advanced diploma in human resources, business administration, management, or a related field.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies.
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems.
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations.
- Certification(s) and/or license(s) appropriate to industry. Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) obtained or in process of obtaining certification.
- Ability to pass a criminal background names check subject to the acceptance of the company. The ability to pass a criminal background check is required as in order to obtain client security clearances as required.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- Working in an office environment.
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals.
- High levels of stress and pressure at times
- Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large
All applications (cover letter and resume) should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to September 30, 2019. Please reference competition number 2019-ADMIN-01 the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By applying to this position, you are confirming that you possess the required authorization to work in Canada.
Why Work For McGregor Allsop?
- Opportunities to specialize in your area(s) of interest and recognition for your contributions
- Competitive compensation including RRSP program
- Comprehensive company paid benefit plan
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Professional certification and membership reimbursement
- Growth and development opportunities
- Flexible work environment
McGregor Allsop Limited is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, McGregor Allsop Limited will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
McGregor Allsop Limited is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, McGregor Allsop Limited will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
McGregor Allsop Limited seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). McGregor Allsop Limited will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
McGregor Allsop Limited strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, McGregor Allsop Limited will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
For more information about McGregor Allsop, please visit our website at www.mcgregor-allsop.com.