People & Culture Coordinator
Founded in 1913, Crescent is an independent school for boys from grades 3 - 12, located on a park-like 30 acre campus in midtown Toronto. Our students are encouraged to strive for excellence, and to develop their talents in the areas of academics, arts and athletics. Faculty and staff alike model Crescent’s core values of respect, responsibility, compassion and honesty as we foster the development of our graduates to men of character from boys of promise.
Crescent School invites applications for the following position
People & Culture Coordinator
(Maternity leave contract October 2019 – August 2020)
You will love it here if you are a glass-half-full, joyful individual with a desire to work with a small team of fun, dedicated HR professionals. You will excel in this role if you are a whiz with a spreadsheet, databases, presentation development, and keeping things organized. The People & Culture Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the P&C department and will be involved in interesting activities and important HR tasks such as; recruitment, maintaining records and files, and supporting the transition to a new HRIS. In a workplace that is challenging, diverse, warm and fulfilling your contribution will be valued by the entire community.
- Provide administrative support to the team by scheduling meetings, maintaining employee files, assisting with and preparing correspondence and presentation materials
- Assist with coordinating the recruitment process by posting positions on relevant job sites, screening resumes and applicants, booking and participating in interviews, and checking references
- Coordinate on and off-boarding activities ensuring that all hiring and termination details are completed
- Maintain electronic and physical files and records in a variety of spreadsheets and databases including HRIS and payroll, Education Edge, the internal school website and the benefits carriers’ databases
- Participate in projects by gathering and synthesizing information, and supporting presentation development
- Update and maintain job descriptions
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management plus 2 years’ relevant experience or equivalent in education and experience; a CHRP designation and member of the HRPA is an asset
- Experience with recruiting is highly desirable
- Strong communication, organizational, planning and execution skills
- Experience with HRIS databases; familiarity with ADP’s Workforce Now a definite asset
- Exceptional MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills, including the ability to manipulate data using formulas and other advanced functions
- Tact and the ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Professional judgement and superior time management and problem-solving ability
- A thirst for getting involved and supporting all aspects of the department and school life with a sense of joy, ownership, accountability and dependability
- Growth mindset, curiosity and willingness to accept new perspectives
- Compassion, and a desire to cultivate courage and nurture connection
- Passion as a team player and contribute to a coaching culture of growth and flourishing
- A burning desire to become fully immersed in the School’s positive and progressive culture
Crescent School offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan for those who qualify. If you exude passion, creativity, commitment, courage and fun, you will make an impact here! Please apply online at crescent.simplication.com by creating a ‘Support’ account and uploading your letter of application and resume by Sunday, September 15, 2019.
Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities is available upon request.
For further information about Crescent School and employment opportunities please visit our website at www.crescentschool.org . We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We thank all candidates in advance; only those being offered an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.