Total Rewards Analyst
Careers that change lives!
Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career that changes lives.
This position is responsible for supporting the Total Rewards team and for taking direct responsibility of various projects and administrative duties related to the day to day business support as well as the integration of newly acquired businesses in the areas of compensation, benefits and recognition programs. The role will involve analyzing, recommending, implementing and administering compensation, benefits and recognition programs to support Medtronic Canada’s strategic objectives.
A day in the life.
- Develops and/or administers company employee benefits, wellness and compensation programs.
- Responsible for direct or functional control over job evaluation and wage and salary administration programs, including all incentive plans.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of trends and developments in the area of employee benefits and recommending nature and timing of benefit plan improvements.
- May prepare and deliver employee communication and training programs.
· Support the deployment and administration of base compensation structures and programs, - non-sales Medtronic Incentive Plans and Support the design review, development, communication and administration of sales incentive plans.
· Contribute to specific analyzes and to the administration of benefits programs
· Support the administration and reporting of the pension plans, made up of a DCPPs, DBPP, Group RRSP and Non-Registered savings plans
· Provide ongoing education and counsel to employees and management on benefits, pension, compensation and recognition policies and programs as required
· Provides creative input in development of effective communication strategies and tools that convey the understanding and core value of the Total Rewards programs
· Participates in projects related to the improvement and the advancement of our Total Rewards and recognition programs and processes as a project team member or project team leader
· Support global recognition program, Recognize!, and manage local recognition programs
· Responsible for reporting complaints and Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)
- 2-5 years in compensation and benefits management
- Requires a Baccalaureate degree (or for degrees earned outside of the United States, a degree which satisfies the requirements of 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(A) and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
- Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Possess experience, knowledge and ability in all or most of the following:
· Base pay management, Variable pay including Sales Incentive Plans, Market value analysis, Benefits administration, Pension, HRIS systems (such as Workday, PeopleFluent, etc.)
· Intermediate-to-Advanced computer literacy in MS Office Suite with Advanced Excel skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels with diplomacy and the ability to handle confidential information
- Presentation skills – design and delivery
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to a fast-changing environment
- Superior detail orientation and accuracy
Nice to have.
· University degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management
· HR certification and/or CCP preferred
- Fluency in verbal and written French preferred
Medtronic Canada strives through our vision to build a culture of inclusiveness through our commitment to employment equity and diversity. Discrimination is prohibited on any grounds protected under Canadian Human Rights legislation. Employment applications are encouraged from all members of our community. Upon request, candidates with disabilities will be accommodated during the recruitment process.