Bilingual Associate Benefits Analyst
Careers that Change Lives
Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career that changes lives. A Day in the Life At our HR Shared Services Department in Medtronic, plc, we focus on administrative, project, operational and data support for AskHR and Centres of Expertise (“CoE’s”) in the execution of HR processes to ensure consistency, effectiveness and efficiency promoting use and adoption of our HR technology platforms. Benefit Operations is directly involved in providing customers with accurate, consistent and timely responses to their questions and issues regarding benefit programs and technology needs, developing an in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs and engages with customers to ensure quality of response, contributes to the continuous development of knowledge based tools to provide consistent responses to customers, if functional expertise is required escalates cases in a timely way to appropriate Center of Expertise (COE) and promotes the use of self-help tools such as Workday and knowledge base to encourage customers to answer questions on their own. This position is responsible for supporting the pension and benefits programs as part of the Total Rewards team. The position will have direct responsibility of various benefits projects and administrative duties related to the day to day support as well as the integration of newly acquired businesses in the benefits programs. The role will involve analyzing, implementing and administering pension and benefits programs to support Medtronic Canada’s strategic objectives.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and/or administers any of the company's employee benefits programs, including implementation of new programs.
- Evaluates current programs through research, surveys and analysis of benefits trends to ensure plans are competitive and current.
- These benefits may include all or part of the following: vacation, holidays, sick leave, medical/dental coverage, wellness programs, long-term disability, group life and/or auto insurance, supplemental retirement programs, savings programs, pension programs, unemployment, and leaves of absence.
- Also may provide counseling and oversee communications of benefits to employees.
- Ensures internal and external compliance with laws and company policies.
- Provides interactive support with payroll to ensure proper payment, funding and taxation of employee benefit programs.
- May analyze claims history to develop preventative programs designed to lower overall health insurance costs.
- Provide administration of Health, Dental, Vacation, Leave and other benefits programs on a day-to-day basis through multiple platforms ensuring accuracy of benefits data.
- Contribute to analysis and evaluations of benefits programs including invoice and cost tracking.
- Support the administration of the pension plans, made up of a DCPPs, DBPP, Group RRSP and Non-Registered savings plans.
- Provide ongoing education and counsel to employees and management on benefits and pension programs as required.
- Provides creative input in development of effective communication and tools that convey the understanding and value of the benefits programs.
- Participates in projects related to the improvement and the advancement of benefits programs and processes as a project team member.
- Ensure processes and procedures are clearly documented, kept up to date and used in day to day work. You will develop and maintain appropriate audit procedures and schedules. In addition, you will maintain an understanding and application of legislation and standards pertaining to benefits.
- Contribute to continuous improvement working closely with the with the Regional Benefit Operations coordinator, Regional Benefits CoE leader, AskHR and other CoEs to achieve solutions/improvements for all processes/tasks performed in Benefit Operations.
- Responsible for performing verification of required documentation, identifying, navigating, researching and troubleshooting benefit processes related to multiple HR based applications and associated systems. You will retain ownership of assigned cases which are escalated to you until closure with end user. You will be the contact person for AskHR and CoEs on a wide range of questions related to Benefit programs.
- Interact with internal and external business partners on matters requiring coordination and collaboration between departments and outside vendors.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree is required.
- 0 years of experience required.
- Possess experience, knowledge and ability in all or most of the following:
- Benefits administration experience.
- Pension administration experience.
- HRIS systems (Workday), Benefit Provider Systems (e.g. Flex Benefits Programs).
- Advanced Excel skills.
Intermediate-to-Advanced computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
Fluent in written and spoken French.
Superior detail orientation and accuracy.
Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to a fast-changing environment.
Ability to learn concepts quickly.
Tact, diplomacy and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Team orientation.
Well-developed communication skills.
Organization skills; ability to handle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines.
Nice to Have
- University degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management.
- Ideally 2-4 years of relevant experience preferred.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
· Prolonged periods of concentration and attention to detail.
· Prolonged periods of sitting while using a computer and/or telephone.
Medtronic Canada strives through our vision to build a culture of inclusiveness through our commitment to employment equity and diversity. Discrimination is prohibited on any grounds protected under Canadian Human Rights legislation. Employment applications are encouraged from all members of our community. Upon request, candidates with disabilities will be accommodated during the recruitment process.