Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator
Temporary Full Time Contract – up to one year (35 hours/week)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and strategic thinking team player with hands on expertise in the management of Human Resources. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator works as part of a team to deliver exceptional generalist services to the assigned program portfolios. This includes providing consultation and support to our organization’s strategic direction, management teams and all staff.
The duties of the Human Resources Coordinator include but are not limited to recruitment and selection, onboarding and orientation, training and development, education and awareness programs, compensation and benefits, rewards and recognition, health and safety, WSIB and LTD claims management, return to work programs, performance and attendance management, policy interpretation, maintaining human resources information systems and assisting with research and special projects.
- Successful completion of a three (3) year Human Resources Management diploma/degree
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation or actively working towards
- Recent and related Human Resources experience preferably within health and community services
- Sound knowledge and application of basic employment law as it relates to the ESA, OHSA, WSIB, AODA, HRC, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to assess, plan, and evaluate various HR programs and services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio) CIMs and QHR
- Ability to travel within Durham Region
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Please apply in writing referencing posting 2019-39 outlining qualifications and experience to:
Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.