Manager of Talent Development (HR Manager)
Are you passionate about contributing to the community? Are you interested in working for an organization that helps families when life is tough? Are you enthusiastic about supporting a fantastic employee experience?
At Carizon, we are passionate about the work we do and are committed to being an awesome workplace! We are collaborators, we are family focused and we are enthusiastic about both internal and external customer service. We’re looking for someone to join us on a journey to continue to build our culture and empower our people.
We are recruiting for a Manager of Talent Development to oversee the daily operations of our Human Resources function, HR generalist team, and Volunteer and Student programs. At Carizon, our people are our most valuable resource and we need a job title that reflect that; our Manager of Talent Development is more than simply a Manager of Human Resources. This position oversees all aspects of people management including employee performance and development, talent acquisition, health and safety, and compensation. This position supports HR operations at all Carizon sites within Waterloo Region and is a full-time (35 hours/per week) permanent position.
Our values are not just a plaque on the wall we live and breath them every day. 1. Be your whole self, 2. Be a proud Carizon ambassador, and 3. Be relentless in your pursuit for a better tomorrow
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Participate in the Development of HR’s annual plan and leading identified objectives. Partner with leadership and staff to implement and lead HR programs that support and forward the mission, vision and strategic objectives of Carizon
- Oversee full cycle recruitment: provide guidance and support to HR Generalists and hiring managers to fill all recruitment needs while promoting a recruiting environment that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Provide support to HR Generalists regarding the compensation program including the analysis of wage surveys within labor market to ensure compliance and equity within organization
- Provide leadership and direction to HR Generalists, managers and supervisors on the administration and interpretation of HR policies and procedures, employee complaints and incidents including health and safety concerns, investigations.
- Provide support and oversight to the Volunteer and Student coordinator, programs, and staff
- Work with internal departments and external partners including post-secondary institutions to drive campus recruitment strategies, access and develop new talent
- Work with Carizon’s HR team to implement attraction and retention strategies for the organization
- Participate in HR departmental planning and projects by preparing recommendations and developing communication materials as appropriate that communicate HR initiatives in a transparent way to help create a positive and engaging culture
- Oversee the analysis of statistical data and reports to identify and determine root causes and develop and implement recommendations for continuous improvement of human resources and health and safety policies and practices
- Oversees the organization’s HR and Health and Safety programs and monitors successes and challenges and works toward continuous improvement of such metrics, ensuring agency compliance with all relevant legislation, and regulations
- Oversees Carizon’s orientation programs. Collect feedback from participants and adjust the orientation program accordingly.
- As part of the HR team, assist in leading the creation and implementation of effective programs such as recruitment and resource planning, retention, performance management, employee engagement
- Oversee various programs including vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and benefits administration including RRSP and EAP
- Support HR Generalists in conducting workplace investigations and represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Training and Development: identify development opportunities for managers and employees; research and develop programs; facilitate training when required
- Performance management: act as an advisor on performance issues; lead the annual performance review program
- Manage the HR budget and other related duties as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in business administration, human resources management, or a related field required.
- Minimum of (8) years progressive work experience in a human resources position
- 3-5 years as a Human Resources Manager or equivalent position
- CHRL Designation
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR core processes such as talent management, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Able to make sound business decisions and evidence-based recommendations to senior management.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Able to interpret and provide guidance on personnel related legislation
- Ability to approach challenges as opportunities
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are invited to apply via: https://carizon.bamboohr.com/jobs/
*Carizon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. At Carizon, we believe that diversity enriches our performance, clients, services offered, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org). While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.