Human Resources Manager
The TCS Group of Companies is seeking an experienced and motivated Human Resources Manager for our busy, expanding, third party logistics organization. Offering customized cold storage, temperature- controlled warehousing and distribution since 1902, the TCS Group is an essential service business with seven warehouse facilities in Ontario and two in Alberta providing over 34,000,000 cubic feet of cold storage and refrigerated warehouse space.
Based in Trenton, Ontario in the Bay of Quinte, reporting to the VP Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role supporting the HR function. The Human Resources Manager will align and implement programs and processes to develop a high- performance team culture, creating and fostering a positive work environment focused on employee growth and recognition for our 300 team members. They will lead the company’s HR functions and drive operational excellence.
- Lead, coach and mentor the HR team
- Partner with business unit leaders to identify and plan the human resources requirement
- Oversee the full recruitment process and develop strategies to attract and retain talent.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and company health and safety policies including participating in audits and WSIB communications
- Maintain and improve employee relations and company culture including organizing company events and handling employee concerns
- Provide leadership and coaching to department managers/supervisors on workplace matters including performance management, employee development and employee relations
- Track and develop human resources metrics, analyze the trends to identify problems and develop relevant HR solutions to further company goals.
- Oversee the payroll function to ensure process accuracy including month-end and year-end processes to comply with financial, legal and company requirements.
- Maintain and communicate the benefit and pension plan including short term and long- term disability plan management
- Manage employee training programs and employee professional development needs
- Develop, maintain or revise policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current legal and regulatory HR requirements.
- Control resources, utilize assets, develop, adhere to and manage budgets
- CHRL or CHRP certified
- 5+ years progressive experience in Human Resources Management
- Experience in Food Supply Chain, Logistics or Transportation industry an asset
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, listening)
- Ability to manage confidential information and demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong internal and external customer focus
- High level ability with computers and software programs
- Initiative, flexibility and stress tolerance