Bilingual HR Generalist - Contract Position
This position is a 4-month contract with possible extension, or temp to perm. The Bilingual Human Resources Generalist will perform a range of duties supporting the Human Resources Team. The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate to internal stakeholders, Human Resources policies and procedures, for the hiring, on boarding, orientation, relocation processes.
- Coordinate the background checks and medical exams for new hires, prepare offer letters.
- Prepare employment confirmation letters and similar communications.
- Submit invoices for payment, set up new vendors as required
- Support the agency temporary employees’ management process, including user set up, coordinating extensions, externals management and escalation point for managers with vendor
- Responsible for the timely distribution of scheduled delivery of accurate vendor related files as appropriate. This role will work collaboratively with the respective vendors to identify any changes and/or updates to existing programs.
- Coordinate the disability management process through interaction with managers, employees, service providers and payroll.
- Responsible for processing the benefits enrolment, change, coordination of benefit forms for employees in different data bases as required
- Support HR Partners in submitting and requesting timely and accurate information to HR Services for payroll processing and organization changes
- Support organization design and/or re-engineering including new role profile, entry into system
- Provide general information and assistance internally and externally over the phone, electronically and in person.
- Recommend, develop and maintain up-to-date human resources data bases, and policy manuals (e.g. Human Resources Intranet, HR Knowledge Base)
- Coordinate activities pursuant to employment legislation compliance with HR Partner’s input (e.g. AODA, Bill 132, ESA communication to employees)
- Perform administrative HR work including maintaining HR shared files, employee files
- Coordinate access and provide support to managers and employees for various HR systems, (e.g. UltiPro, HRDownloads)
- Create and run reports/queries to support business requirements in UltiPro
- Ensure Performance management forms are under the correct manager, moving status as necessary, providing copies of forms, supporting HR partners to have forms corrected
- Respond to & resolve assigned inquiries from employees, managers, HR Partners, Payroll, Finance, within expected timelines, with appropriate escalation for items that require more attention to resolve.
- Develop and provide recommendations on improvements to HR processes
- Plan and organize staff events and recreational activities.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or Business or Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years of work or co-op experience in Business Administration Position
- Work experience or education in employment law or other area of regulations preferred.
- Basic research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent language skills, including proper spelling and grammar.
- Presentation skills are an asset.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Sharepoint and UltiPro is an asset
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Bilingual - Fluent in English & French. Spanish an asset
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Energy – Production and Distribution (e.g. Oil, Gas, Electricity) Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Engineering Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Manufacturing Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Retail Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Mississauga