Human Resources Manager, Canada
Intertek is searching for a Human Resources Manager, Canada. This business partner position is responsible for proactive and strategic HR services and support for all locations within Canada. This position will be based in our Mississauga, Ontario or Montreal, Quebec office.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Listed examples are illustrative, and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Lead a small team of HR and Payroll professionals
- Align Human Resources strategy with the business strategy and initiatives
- Maintain a strong and functional presence within the organization
- Partner with managers to resolve employee relations issues
- Act as a coach/mentor and consultant to managers and employees
- Assess talent and develop talent maps and succession plans
- Act as key HR lead in identified acquisitions by participating in due diligence, integration and acclimation
- Proactively protect the company by minimizing risk
- Be an advocate for employees
- Oversee and provide training and guidance on the appraisal process
- Maintain compliance with federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations
- Conduct investigations into complaints such as harassment, discrimination, and other employee concerns and make recommendation to HR Leadership and/or management
- Train and provide guidance on the annual pay review process
- Recruitment functions for assigned region including staffing and planning, and growth and retention programs
- Oversee employee leaves of absence, including answering questions and providing guidance to managers and employees, ensuring compliance and analyzing return to work restrictions for potential accommodations, as needed
- Partner with other members of the Human Resources Team in the communication and delivery of company programs, policies and initiatives
- Conduct salary benchmarking and provide advice to managers based on this analysis
- Make recommendations to managers and/or HR Leadership with regard to how best to resolve areas of concern, risk mitigation, etc.
- Partner with the Training & Development group as it relates to development, communication, implementation, and facilitation of training programs
- Collaborate with managers to create and/or provide guidance on personal and professional growth plans
- Insure that all policies, practices and programs are effectively and consistently managed.
- Participate in the creation and/or modification of Human Resource programs and processes to ensure consistency of application across business entities, provinces and regions.
- Promote professionalism and ethical business standards in all company activities
- Provide confidential support in all activities as appropriate
- In conjunction with our Legal Department, manage the immigration process, as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related area. Advanced degree desired.
- HR Certification preferred (HRPA, CPHR/CRHA)
- Bi-lingual speaking and writing skills (English, French Canadian) preferred, not mandatory.
- At least 5 years related HR Management experience required
- Experience conducting analytical and detailed complaint investigations such as for discrimination or harassment
- Excellent consultative, organizational, analytical, collaboration and empowerment skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and provide recommendations in areas of expertise and responsibility
- Ability to excel in a global, complex, multi-stream and multi-site environment
- Proven examples of continued self-education/knowledge of local, provincial and federal law applications and HR policies and practices as related to position
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload, with efficient time management
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal written and presentation formats
- Must possess the fundamental technical and administrative skills required to perform the job duties
- Must be customer focused and quality driven
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate, up to 40%
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek encourages applications for all qualified candidates. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation practices.