Human Resources Coordinator - 6 Month Coordinator
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR – 6 Month Contract
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Columbia Sportswear Company’s Human Resources organization aims to advance company strategy and connect talented people with their passions through work and a life outside. We need passionate people to create exceptional products, differentiated consumer experiences and to grow the business. Our teams ensure the company’s success by focusing on attracting and retaining diverse talent, building organizational effectiveness, and supporting the mental, physical, social and financial well-being of all employees.
Our Canadian Human Resources team is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator at our Headquarters located in London, Ontario, for a 6 month contract. In this role you will work with individuals at all levels of the company to provide support in employee relations, data accuracy, and supporting manager and employees. You will report to the Canadian Director of Human Resources.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Work with employees and managers on daily transactional needs as well as longer-term projects that will enhance the employee experience.
- Interface with corporate HR partners as needed to stay ahead of corporate program rollouts to determine the impact on the local population.
- Participate in the full-cycle recruitment and selection process.
- Take on responsibility for the coordination and implementation of training and development for Columbia employees.
- Professionally manage confidential employee information and employee files.
- A strong individual contributor and have a proven track record of working independently and using sound judgment in addressing HR issues.
- Creative in recommending solutions to HR issues.
- Diplomatic in handling situations that are sensitive in nature.
- Effective in communicating, orally and in writing, in one-on-one situations and in small and large group presentations.
- Knowledgeable in recruiting, legal employment practices, and Provincial labour laws.
- The CHRP designation
- Two to three years of demonstrated human resources experience as a coordinator
- The availability to work hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- The ability to handle pressure in dealing employee, management and candidate problems and hiring deadlines.
- Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and stand for extended periods of time, and occasionally lift/carry up to 40 pounds.