Human Resources Generalist & Front Desk Office Manager
JOB POSTING File #1149
Based in Scarborough, YouthLink provides a range of mental health services proven to build resiliency & improve life outcomes for youth at risk.
Last year we reached out to more than 8,700 young people and their families, helping youth to build connections with caring adults, develop their strengths, build new skills and pursue their goals for a more promising future. With the right support, guidance and opportunities, we believe that all youth can achieve their potential to succeed.
Visit our website www.youthlink.ca for more information
September 9, 2020
Human Resources Generalist & Front Desk Office Manager
Head Office – 636 Kennedy Road
Scarborough, ON M1K 2B3
Director, Human Resources
This is a dual role position. The Human Resources Generalist portfolio of the job is responsible for delivering a wide variety of Human Resources services and tasks including: recruitment, new employee orientation, benefits administration, Human Resources Information System (H.R.I.S.), personnel records, collective agreement and policies compliance as well as additional administrative functions. The Front Desk Office Manager portfolio is responsible for supervising, training and scheduling of front desk staff and activities at YouthLink Head Office.
- Conducts full cycle recruitment activities for full-time and contract employees in close co-ordination with program managers. Prepares internal and external job postings, reviews job applications and shortlists candidates for interviews, participates in selection interviews, conducts reference checks and prepares and completes appropriate paperwork for hiring of selected candidates. Ensures that all recruitment / hiring processes and paperwork are in compliance with Agency’s policies and procedures. Designs and updates recruitment forms to be used consistently by all areas.
- Updates and maintains the Agency’s Human Resources Information System to ensure data is accurate, up to date and consistent with payroll records. Generates reports and updates organization charts as and when required.
- Facilitates orientation sessions for new employees, student placements, casual employees and third party contractors; ensures all Police Reference Checks are completed and filed, enrolls new employees in required benefits, pension and training; Follow up with managers to ensure that probationary and annual performance management forms for employees and Annual Employment / Volunteer / Placement Suitability Check Forms are completed on time.
- Acts as the benefits administrator for the Agency; ensuring proper enrollment/changes to group benefits, answering questions about coverage and ensuring monthly billings are accurate and paid promptly. Conducts and participates in salary and benefit surveys and conducts salary and benefit analysis as and when required.
- Ensures that employee personnel files as well as all student placement files are up-to-date and complete. Performs periodic audits of files as and when required.
- Other human resources / labour relations and projects as and when required.
- Provides supervision of the front desk reception staff and activities including scheduling, training and job assignment.
- Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall Plan.
- Takes all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect his or her own health and safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices established by YouthLink.
- Undergraduate diploma/degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent combination of directly related qualifications and experience.
- Working towards a CHRP/CHRL designation is a strong asset.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a general human resources role or in a specialty area, such as recruitment, HRIS, salary and benefits administration or other Human Resources specialties.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of relevant Employment Standards and Human Rights legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment and selection a strong asset.
- Experience working with online Human Resources Information Systems particularly ADP Workforce Now a strong asset.
- Operating using an Anti-Black Racism lens is an asset.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook).
- Strong administrative and client service skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully and professionally at all times.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organization, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, shift priorities, handle interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy.
35 hours per week.
YouthLink offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
HRPostings@youthlink.ca - Please quote File #1149 in the subject line.
Opened Until Filled
YouthLink values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to equity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.