Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator – Full Time Position (75 Hours Biweekly)
Belmont House (located near Bay/Bloor) is a charitable, non-profit, Christian home for seniors offering long term care and retirement living. For more than 165 years we have provided quality care to our residents in a safe and stimulating home environment. We are the "Seniors' Home of Choice" helping our residents maintain independence, choice, dignity and privacy. Belmont House is currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned).
A. PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Director, Human Resources and Customer Service in determining the strategic direction and annual objectives of the volunteer department.
- Interview and match volunteers with appropriate assignments and provide orientation.
- Place and supervise volunteers in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Liaise with managers regarding performance of volunteers and other volunteer opportunities.
- Coordinate the development of the Volunteer Newsletter.
- Evaluate the volunteer programs and recommend quality improvement opportunities to uphold the quality of service provided.
- Develop, implement and conduct orientation sessions for all volunteers.
- Maintain records of volunteers including files, information, hours worked.
- Liaises between staff and volunteers to ensure volunteer contribution to the interdisciplinary team activities.
- Co-ordinates the service with other services provided by Belmont House.
- Provides opportunities and co-ordinates functions in recognition of the volunteer’s service to the residents and staff.
- Attends all onsite meetings dealing with volunteer issues as required.
- Oversee the Pet Therapy Program.
- Participates on PAVRO and Toronto Association for Volunteer Administration (TAVA).
- All other duties as assigned by the Director, Human Resources and Customer Service.
- Perform HR administrative duties as required including typing memos, letters, and other correspondence.
- Assist in completing HR projects and initiatives identified in yearly objectives.
- Assign and maintain staff lockers and locker list.
- Assist the Director, HR with recruitment and selection including creating job postings, advertisements, telephone interviews, interviews, reference checks.
- Prepare and post internal items on the staff bulletin boards.
- Update Company org charts, contact spreadsheets to reflect staff changes.
- Assist with Long Service Awards, Retirement Party and Staff Recognition Events.
- Assist with the creation of Employment Offer Letters and Transfer Letters.
- Participate in monthly Company orientation sessions including printing new hire packages.
- Ensure work permits, certificates and other legal documents are maintained and updated as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Director, Human Resources and Customer Service.
Health & Safety:
- Participate in the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee Meetings including taking meeting minutes.
- Support the Director, Human Resources and Director Support Services with completing annual Dunk & Associates objectives.
- Update Fan Out Program on a regular basis.
- Assist with maintaining Health & Safety documentation required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- HR diploma or degree is required.
- Must be a member of HRPA and in possession of or current progression toward the CHRP designation.
- Volunteer Management Certificate from a recognized academic institution or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Previous experience in a seniors environment required.
- At least one (1) year of experience with seniors in an organized program or one year of experience with persons in a health care setting; and
- 1+ years of experience in recruitment and selection is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and placing volunteers is essential.
- Willingness to pursue further education in relevant specialties.
Belmont House offers a competitive salary.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Socrates Theophylactou, Director, Human Resources & Customer Service
Fax: 416.964.1448 Email: email@example.com
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Please visit us at: http://www.belmonthouse.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those who qualify will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Belmont House accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.