Sr Rep HR Field Services Canada
Description of duties and responsibilities:
Does influencing a culture of performance and accountability excite you? Does helping to modernize a company to provide career opportunities for future generations sound interesting? Do you have a competitive nature that fuels you to move an organization forward? If you’re inspired to be great and to work with great people, then you should consider exploring our opportunity as a Sr HR Field Services Representative
We are looking for an individual who can drive the talent agenda and appropriate HR service integration to improve the effectiveness of the plant operations. This role will be primarily based in the Belleville plant but will also have responsibility to work and interact with colleagues and customers at other Kennametal locations.
The individual must have experience and credibility working with different levels of the organization including senior leadership, managers and individual contributors of various functions to engage, prioritize and deliver a vast offering of HR services. These services include but are not limited to, recruitment, talent assessment and performance management, employee engagement, HR analytics, succession planning, compensation planning and communications.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Serve as Trusted Advisor & Influencer at plant level. Provide unbiased counsel and create an interactive partnership with local leadership and employees.
· Works closely with management and employees to create highly effective work relationships, maintain a positive work environment, drive retention, and positively influence a culture of performance, accountability, respect, ethics, and integrity. Endorse and support Safety as a core value of the organization.
· Provides day-to-day guidance to management (e.g. coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions, performance management).
· Coordinates and conducts management evaluations in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, and inclusiveness.
· Works closely with recruiting partners to ensure the attraction and retention of a diverse, qualified workforce.
· Plans and conducts new employee orientation, in alignment with corporate practices, to foster a positive experience and effective integration into the organization.
· Provides guidance and input to local management on organization structure, career pathing, workforce planning and succession planning.
· Drive corporate HR strategy and initiatives to plant level.
· Maintains legal compliance with employment regulations.
· Be part of union negotiations.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· In-depth HR generalist background with strong Business Partner capability, leadership development and sound communication skills.
· Excellent active listening and negotiation skills.
· Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships.
· Previous experience working in an HR environment structured with Centers of Excellence, HR Business Partners, Shared Service operations and external vendor management.
· Strong leadership, project management, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong working knowledge in employment law.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Provide exemplary customer service to employees while fostering a positive, supportive reputation for Human Resources.
Education and experience required:
· Bachelor's degree in human resources required.
· 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
· Experience working in a unionized work environment preferred