Human Resources Director
Reporting jointly to the Head of School and Assistant Head of School, Finance and Operations, the Human Resources Director is responsible for the development, leadership and execution of Human Resources programs while promoting an organizational culture modeling school values.
The Director will lead the strategic vision and implementation of organizational-wide strategies which promote a positive work environment. This is achieved by providing advice, coaching and consultation regarding effective management practices, employee relations, strategic decisions and employee policies. The Director will perform a generalist function, with emphasis on the coordination of recruitment initiatives, compensation and benefits, professional development, performance management, and employee relations while ensuring alignment with the schools mission, vision and values
The Director of HR will contribute to the leadership of the school as a member of the Management team and as the lead staff advisor to the Board HR Committee.
- Degree or diploma in related field, Certificate in Human Resources Management preferred, CHRL designation preferred
- 5 years of experience, preferably in an educational environment.
- Ability to integrate the mission of the school with the overall school goals and objectives.
- Experience with data driven decision making and change management.
- Experience managing continuous HR program improvement through a systematic approach to research and implementing best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to demonstrate confidence, impeccable integrity, excellent relationship-building skills with all constituents and be a team player.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; act as a role model and organizational spokesperson.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to manage and motivate staff to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced, professional environment
- Technologically savvy and abreast of current trends in this area.