Human Resources Specialist- PT
Build your Career Here!
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST- Part-Time
Garbo Group, Toronto, ON
Garbo Group www.garbo.ca, a privately-owned company, seeks an experienced PT Human Resources Specialist to report to the President. Garbo Group is a leading fashion accessories company. We design, develop and distribute fashion accessories to retailers in Canada and the USA.
Our team is talented, creative and detailed. We have over a century of collective experience and are recognized as one of the most knowledgeable and influential groups in our industry. We partner with retailers and brand owners to drive long term revenue potential for their businesses. We specialize in product development, supply chain management, distribution, merchandising and inventory replenishment.
With ever increasing demands for high quality fashion accessories at competitive prices, Garbo Group will continue to invest in our operations and personnel. We take great pride in delivering our products on time and meeting our customer demands. With the perseverance of each employee, Garbo will continue to grow and succeed well into the future. We want you to be part of that growth and success.
Here are some of your key responsibilities:
- Day to day operation and administration of the HR function
- Compile and update employee records including benefits enrollment (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Process payroll Including providing relevant data (absences, attendance, leaves, clock-in and out, vacation, appointments and garnishees, etc.)
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Provide oversight for absentee management, WSIB, LTD claims and return to work programs.
- Promote health and safety programs and oversee accident/incident investigation.
- Acts as a Management Representative on the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Ensure all necessary employment laws and regulations are followed
- Assess training needs and administer, monitor and document training programs including Forklift, WHMIS, First Aid, and H&S
- Deal with management and employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Provide key support and coaching to managers and supervisors on a wide range of issues and/or initiatives. Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
If you have:
- 5 plus years in Human Resources, preferably non- unionized environment
- Minimum University Degree or Community College Diploma. CHRP Preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of all appropriate legislation (i.e. ESA, OH&S, Human Rights Act, etc.)
- Familiarity with processing Payroll on Ceridian and Powerpay
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Solid knowledge of compensation and benefits programs
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Background in Recruitment including utilizing Temporary agencies
- Experience in New Employee Orientation
- People oriented and results driven
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Member Training on Health and Safety.
And are willing to roll up your sleeves and take on any challenge to help this company continue to produce world class product, work with great team members, and receive a competitive compensation package then we would like to talk to you. This position will work a flexible 2-3 days per week.
Please reply in confidence, quoting Human Resources Specialist to our HR Advisor, Rob Hiscox, Managing Director, The Tarran Group, firstname.lastname@example.org
Garbo Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.
We will respond to all applicants.
More searches like this
- Consumer Package Goods Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Toronto
- Wholesale / Distribution Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Toronto