Human Resources Business Partner
- Have a great sense of humour and the ability to roll with changing priorities, ambiguity and a very fast pace;
- Are still amazed at how people can surprise you;
- Have a true HR Generalist background with 3 - 5 years’ experience;
- Are just as comfortable in the manufacturing plant/laboratory as you are in the boardroom;
- Can effectively manage a employee relations investigation while recruiting for key roles and advising the social committee on the appropriateness of an event at a local pub;
- Enjoy working with a diverse group and quickly establish rapport at any level of the organization;
- Can develop and facilitate training presentations & workshops;
- Know how to navigate Canadian employment and labor law;
- Understand the importance of being detailed but always keep the big picture in mind;
- Can draw on your experience and knowledge to advise and counsel managers on all HR related matters such as performance management, employee engagement, discipline investigations and employee career development;
- Are known trusted resources who can effectively coach and develop line managers;
- Want to work for a company that values your skill and knowledge and will recognize you for a job well done.
About the Position:
If you are the type of person who is interested in a long-term employment relationship, with a stable, profitable and growing organization you have met your match!
ALS Group is one of the world’s largest and most diversified testing services providers. We thrive in a results oriented production environment. In this unique Human Resources Business Partner role, we are seeking a dynamic individual to join our innovative HR team and support our growing business in Western Canada.
As a Human Resources Business Partner, working from the Waterloo Ontario location, you will be the main point of contact for all Human Resource support for your client groups. Your main focus will be Recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Compensation, Organizational and Leadership Development.
- Completion of a university degree and/or college level Human Resources Management program or equivalent is required;
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience of a diverse in Human Resources background, two of which are in a Generalist capacity;
- Human Resources certification (CPHR or CHRP) preferred;
- Bilingual in French preferred;
- Ability to travel without assistance as needed by the business (less than 10% of the time).