What you’ll enjoy about this role:
You will be the specialist in compensation for CBN globally. With that comes the pride of helping us deliver on our compensation mission, and the impact you will make on bringing vision to action for our future compensation strategies! Our workforce matters: and we are committed to the importance of having a fair, competitive, and merit-based compensation strategy for our talented workforce. This role is relatively new to our Organizational Development team, so we are looking for someone who is keen to contribute great ideas, make a mark and help not only build out our compensation future but the entire talent management agenda.
What you’ll do:
- Be a Partner: you’ll be an important partner to a variety of global stakeholders at CBN who will rely on your contributions to inform and support their decisions. You’ll be the executive team’s go-to person for strategic compensation modelling exercises, salary structure reviews and talent retention plans, as well as an important partner to our recruiting team for job classification activities, salary grading and offers.
- Help us be our best: you’ll work with (and report to) our VP of Organizational Development, alongside the CEO, to enhance our compensation strategies and frameworks. Using your subject matter expertise in the field of compensation, and knowledge of industry best practices, you will identify opportunities for improvement working with the team to prioritize and execute.
- Love the data: you will bring your passion for data, Excel and all things statistics to this role. From analyzing internal and external benchmarking data, to comparing market survey metrics and salary grades, you will enjoy the challenge of diving into the numbers. You’ll put your business and financial hat on as well - using your analysis, what advice would you give executives on the compensation effects of strategic business decisions? Big questions!
- Champion our compensation processes and philosophy: Data is not the only measure in our compensation philosophy. Our compensation strategy reflects not only employee performance, but also the character, values and behaviour they bring to the table. This requires good judgement. You will create tools, tips and processes that educate managers on the judgement required.
- Keep us on track: you will partner with the Human Resources team to finalize pay equity plans and conduct pay equity maintenance reviews to ensure we maintain compliance with regulations and employment laws.
What will help you succeed?
You are a Compensation Specialist who has at least 2+ years of experience dedicated to compensation, or you have experience in Human Resources (5+ years) and have found your niche in the numbers. If you are not either of these profiles, tell us why you would excel at this job in your cover letter.
- Post-secondary degree;
- Experience facilitating job classification processes;
- Demonstrated experience in compensation and job evaluation practices;
- Experience with compensation frameworks, e.g.: HAY or Mercer Career Framework;
- Excellent analytical skills, an eye for detail and a wizard in Excel;
- Strong business acumen, and research skills; and
- Comfortable working as an independent contributor, with ability to develop strong working relationships with different teams and stakeholders.
- Asset: knowledge of the Pay Equity Act.
In your application:
Please include a cover letter and tell us excites you about this opportunity!
Who is CBN?
Canadian Bank Note Company is a global leader in the development of customized solutions for identification, border security, excise control, currency, and lottery operations. Our customers are domestic and foreign governments, and together we work to design, launch and support the technologically advanced secure documents and information systems that protect borders, safeguard national currencies, and generate revenue for government social initiatives.
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team at CBN, your job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer’s success stories. So, if you’re looking for the chance to work for a global technology company, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. Canadian Bank Note Company Limited is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.