Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, and teacher certification. Graduates of its two performance training programs, The Glenn Gould School and The Phil and Eli Taylor Performance Academy for Young Artists, regularly perform on major international stages. The RCM is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the HR Manager is responsible for the development and execution of day-to-day HR functional processes and services, leads the implementation of various HR programs and initiatives that support and enable the achievement of business results. This role is a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to staff on a range of related HR matters, provides hands-on support and guidance on legislation, policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manages the HR/payroll related processes to ensure entries, and staff changes are processed accurately and in a timely manner in the HRIS system and/or directly to Payroll.
- Provides regular hands-on support and work direction to the HR Coordinator, as well as oversees assigned duties and tasks related to the department’s HR administrative functions.
- Performs regular and ad hoc audits to ensure accuracy and integrity of data in the HRIS, and other databases.
- Develops and implements various HR processes and practices to ensure efficiency and compliance is maintained.
- Provides guidance on the interpretation of HR policies, programs and legislation, as well as coaches managers on employee relation matters.
- Supports hiring managers throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure the RCM is attracting and selecting the right talent.
- Conducts new hire orientation as required, as well as exit interviews during the offboarding process.
- Develops customized reports, KPIs, key HR metrics on an ad hoc and regularly scheduled basis to analyse trends and other related to support business decision making to enhance organizational performance.
- Facilitates and leads system/process enhancements, identifies opportunities to improve HR services and productivity through the HRIS (ADP Workforce Now) and other tools
- Collaborates with the VP, HR to contribute to the development of HR practices, programs and resources.
- Participates as a management member and advisor on the Joint Health the Health & Safety Committee.
- Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, and complies with the Society’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Undergraduate degree, with an HR major or a post-grad certificate; 5 years of progressive HR generalist and/or HR Operations experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completed CHRP or CHRL designation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience.
- Broad knowledge of HR practices, policies and related employment legislation.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including facilitation delivery skills.
- Demonstrates high level of customer service. Ability to influence and quickly gain credibility as a subject matter expert and business partner.
- High degree of integrity, with the ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, diagnose and resolve problems/issues efficiently.
- Detail oriented and has solid organizational, with the ability to manage priorities, drive results and meet deadlines.
- Excellent technical skills and intermediate skills in MS Office Suite (Excel Outlook, Word,), experience using cloud based HRIS systems.
- Office environment with occasional requirement to work outside of regular business hours.
- Works with confidential data.
- This is not a remote position; however due to current provincial restrictions, remote work may be temporarily required.
The RCM is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the RCM’s Anti-Racism, Access and Equity Policy, accommodation will be provided at any stage of in the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known when they have been contacted for an interview.
Interested candidates are asked to apply by emailing a cover letter and current résumé (please attach a single file combining both documents) to HumanResources@rcmusic.ca Please quote posting #HRMGR2020 in the email subject line. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is identified.
The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Educational Institutions and Services - Post-Secondary Generalist Manager 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- Hospitality and Recreation Industries Generalist Manager 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- Not-For-Profit Generalist Manager 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- Other Generalist Manager 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto