Bilingual HR Manager
THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS OF EDUCATION, CANADA (CMEC), is an intergovernmental agency providing leadership in policy development, program administration, and research at the pan-Canadian and international levels. Located in the heart of Toronto (steps from the St. Clair subway), CMEC is seeking a:
BILINGUAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Current salary range: $75,444 – $97,373, depending on experience and qualifications
CMEC offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, collegial, and bilingual environment that promotes professional development and career advancement.
The HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of HR policies, programs, and practices at the CMEC Secretariat, a highly skilled, dynamic workplace with over 60 full-time employees.
Major responsibilities of the position include:
- Leading HR and providing expert advice to senior management on creating and sustaining a high-functioning organizational culture that values employees and facilitates success
- Developing and documenting all human-resource policies, procedures, and practices at the Secretariat
- Recruiting and orienting new employees, in collaboration with senior management
- Creating and implementing employee training programs
- Building a management style that fosters engaged and motivated employees
- Building and implementing performance-assessment tools
- Ensuring compliance with Ontario human-resource regulations
- Managing employee benefits and employee safety and wellness
- Superior command of French and English, both written and spoken
- University or college degree in Human resources, or preferably in a related field
- Experience with a full range of HR functions
- Five years’ professional-level work experience in HR
- Knowledge of HR practices and related legislation, especially in Ontario
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Strong project-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to engage with all aspects of a task, from conception to development to implementation
- A solid understanding of HR practices and strategic HR to revitalize an HR function
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- HR professional designation (CHRL or equivalent)
Please send an electronic copy of your cover letter and résumé to the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC), to the attention of Human Resources, by 4:00 p.m. EDT, October 28, 2020. For more information, visit our website.
CMEC welcomes applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
CMEC thanks all candidates for their interest in this position. Only those who are selected for an
Interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
CMEC is an equal-opportunity employer.