PASS Grade 3 $62,104 to $69,900
Reporting to the Manager of Staffing and HR Operations, the incumbent will support the operational requirements of recruitment, selection and scheduled staffing processes for all employee groups. The incumbent will act as a key liaison to a variety of internal and external stakeholders and provide confidential staffing support to the Human Resources staffing functions. After hours work may be required during peak staffing periods.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Organize the flow of confidential information related to recruitment, selection and scheduled staffing processes including input and maintenance of employee information in the HRIS system (IPPS)
- Support the coordination of staffing timelines, job postings, and interview processes for all employee groups
- Support the implementation of staffing processes at scheduled times of the year for specific employee groups
- Participate on interview panels to determine successful candidates as needed
- Attend job fairs to source specific talent pools as needed
- Manage on-boarding and orientation processes for new hires
- Coordinate the storage and retention of confidential recruitment, selection and staffing records in accordance with privacy legislation and information management practices of the Board
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management combined with a minimum of two years of experience in a human resources capacity in the public sector or equivalent as determined by the Board
- Demonstrated experience coordinating recruitment and selection processes for unionized and non-unionized employee groups
- Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting demands in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills related to problem solving and conflict resolution including the ability to manage sensitive employee issues with tact and diplomacy
- Customer service oriented approach with strong communication, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills including HRIS systems, database management systems and Microsoft Office
Deadline for submission is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020.
Interviews will be scheduled during the week of October 26 to 30, 2020.
Please apply by emailing a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with email contact and permission to contact references to: mycareerPASS@hwdsb.on.ca
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board is committed to equity in employment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve and global/international experience is valued. The Board is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.