Human Resources Business Partner
SCOPE, OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Toro group of Companies, are made up of eight business units that manufacture and provide Building Envelope solutions for residential and commercial construction projects. The companies are building on their past success and are growing rapidly. The shared service Human Resources function is undergoing transformation to automate HR processes by implementing Ceridian Dayforce. They are also adding best-practice processes such as Total Rewards design, Performance Management and Succession Planning to enable improved productivity. The HRBP will be a key leader helping to implement a wide variety of HR initiatives within their client group and in partnering with business leaders to effect change. The Human Resources Business Partner reports directly to the Group Human Resources Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- As a first point of contact, provide ongoing consultation support to employees, supervisors and managers within the client groups in the areas of Labour and Employee Relations, Workforce Planning, Compensation, Performance/Talent Management and Talent Acquisition. (Sourcing and screening will be handled by our Talent Acquisition specialists in our new TA Centre of Excellence. However, you will work with your client group and hiring managers to determine hiring requirements, and to interview short-listed candidates.)
- Coach and work closely with managers and supervisors to improve their people-management skills.
- Take a leadership role in proactively helping managers and supervisors identify issues and resolve key business problems.
- Provide day-to day HR support including answering routine employee questions, provide solutions to employment matters, maintaining employment files, process improvements, reporting and analysis, corporate initiatives, vacation and leaves as well as compensation and benefits.
- Responsible to manage the “hire to retire” processes along with employees, managers and the HR team including post-screening interview support to hiring managers, onboarding, benefits administration, performance management, exit interviews and other HR functions.
- Provide Labour/Employee Relations advice and support to clients for employee relations issues including discipline, grievances, investigations and ensure the administration of the collective agreement. Strategize with other senior Managers to prepare for collective bargaining, and participate on the bargaining committee.
- Act as the Centre of Excellence representative in Labour Relations on the HR Team to provide insight, advice and coaching to other HR members on Labour Relations matters.
- Work with the Group Human Resources Manager in developing, revising, implementing and communicating HR policies, procedures, programs and laws to employees and managers.
- Provides support to build bench strength within the employee and management groups.
- Leads, participates and implements various projects and initiatives throughout the organization.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems and act as a Subject Matter Expert in the implementation of the Human Capital Management System (HCMS).
- Tracks, reports and works to improve KPI’s that drive the business and the Human Resources Department.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization’s values.
- Other duties as required.
- 5 to 10 years of experience as an HRBP in a fast-paced environment with a focus on Labour Relations.
- Experience in the manufacturing sector is strongly preferred.
- University degree or college certificate in Human Resources or related field.
- CHRP/CHRL designation or in the final stages of completion.
- Internal/external Customer-service orientation and a passion for Human Resources.
- In-depth knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Root cause analysis using data/metrics and leading problem-solving an asset.
- Excellent coaching and influence skills and a track record of successful performance during transformations.
- Demonstrated Change Management expertise.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants who are qualified will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.