HR Business Partner - LR
Serco is a global service delivery company that specializes in delivering essential services on behalf of local and national governments and companies around the world. Our unique service ethos enables us to add real value to the organizations we work for and transform the services they need to deliver. This provides them with certainty, now and into the future, so they can be confident they will be able to achieve greater efficiencies and better outcomes for their customers and citizens.
In Canada, Serco has more than 1,200 employees working in four Provinces. We've had a Canadian presence since the late 1990s, and that customer relationship is still in place today. Federal and provincial governments turn to Serco to help them deliver consistently, anticipate and adapt to change, as well as achieve long-term transformational goals and meet commitments to the public. In Canada, our head office is located in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Serco makes a difference to the lives of millions of people in Canada and around the world by managing and delivering high-quality public services that improve efficiency and the lives of others.
The HRBP works as a strategic partner to provide HR generalist guidance and coaching to business leaders in support of their business needs and organizational objectives, ensuring consistency across various Program contracts and departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively collaborating with contract leadership and functional teams to implement HR initiatives in support of the business
- Partners effectively with US based HR teams and Centers of Excellence to improve HR workplace efficiencies between Canada and US HR Operations Teams.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to Management and employees on the full employee lifecycle programs, including: recruitment, employee on-boarding and orientation, employee benefits and pension programs, compensation, performance management, setting objectives, succession planning, terminations, etc.
- Labour relations including collective agreement interpretation, grievance handling, representing the employer at arbitrations and tribunals, participate in collective bargaining and build effective relationships with union leaders and represented employees.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to operations, including support for partnering and/or leading security or safety processes and procedures.
- Conduct workplace investigations and recommending appropriate action
- Assist with employee development and training programs
- Ensure compliance with WCB/WSIB requirements and administration
- Ensure all deliverables and other reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Recommend changes to work methods, procedures and equipment to improve cost, quality, time effectiveness and customer service.
- Prepare internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports for both management clients and HR function
- Creates and maintain a positive working environment supporting Serco values and culture.
- Occasional travel may be required
- 3-5 years progressive experience in Human Resources and Labour Relations
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or Labour Relations or similar training is required.
- CHRP/CHRL designation or working towards completion
- Thorough understanding of the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act and related legislation or Canada Labour Code as relevant
- Capability in applying and ensuring consistent Performance Management practices (Coaching, Feedback, Expectations, Corrective Action, etc.).
- Policy and procedure development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of change management practices
- Experience delivering training to front-line leadership
- Experience in partnering with the business effectively in a unionized environment
- Experience conducting workplace investigations and recommending appropriate action
- Effective communication skills and ability to work cross functionally within the organization.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite, HRIS etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain required security clearances, background checks etc.
More searches like this
- Government and Public Sector Agencies / Commissions Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- Other Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto