Human Resources Coordinator
The Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board invites applications for a Human Resources Coordinator to work at the Catholic Education Centre in Peterborough, reporting directly to the Manager of Human Resource Services. This permanent full-time position will consist of 35 hours per week, with a regular schedule to be determined in consultation with the Manger of Human Resource Services.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides support to Human Resource Services as it relates to compensation and benefits, employee and labour relations, disability management, performance appraisals, recruitment and selection processes. Acts as resource to the Human Resource Services team regarding applications, system requirements and capabilities and technological/administrative efficiencies.
Responsible for providing support as it relates to recruitment and selection processes, compensation and benefits, employee and labour relations, performance appraisals, and other tasks in Human Resource Services.
Provide exceptional administrative support, administers internal and external recruitment activities and is an active member of a dedicated Human Resource Services team.
Acts as main contact for the Board’s occasional and supply worker groups. Approves leaves, responds to inquiries, ensures compliance with Collective Agreement, etc.
Maintains the Board’s training software. Ensures compliance and takes relevant action where required.
Performs regular updates of relevant employee lists, seniority lists and address lists. Performs updates to relevant lists at intervals mandated by Collective Agreements.
Responsible for maintaining and updating all employee files. Responds to third party requests for copies of employee files.
Administers all occupational injury claims. Coordinates the Return to Work and accommodation process for all employees of the Board. Responsible for all aspects of WSIB administration for the Board including active management of worker's compensation claims, return-to-work plans and case management.
Inputs, maintains and controls all data in the employee database so that authorized staff (Board administrators and departments) can obtain confidential costing, staffing and personnel information for the purposes of management planning, collective bargaining and salary negotiations. Responsible for validity of information to the payroll department to ensure employees are compensated for time worked.
Updates group benefit information relating to changes in terms of employment and employee requests for changes on the Manulife platform.
Ensures employee compliance with legislation regarding Police Records checks and Criminal Offence Declarations through tracking and follow-up.
Coordinates the New Teacher Induction Program. Including, but not limited to, determining who is required to be in the program, tracking professional learning for teachers in the program, collecting and reviewing NTIP strategy forms, preparing and submitting year-end reports to the Ontario College of Teachers, attending regular committee meetings and working with Board Consultants to plan professional learning sessions.
Acts as subject matter expert for all performance evaluation processes for employees of the Board. Performs regular maintenance of mVal, provides training to employees of the Board, liaises with the software provider where required, etc.
Calculates and approves completion of the probationary period for all CUPE employees on probation. Reviews attendance reports and Schedule of Hours forms to confirm hours worked.
Ensures Collective Agreement compliance for all supply workers and occasional teachers including responding to leave requests and reviewing SFE statistics.
Responds confidentially and diplomatically to Human Resources inquiries, job opportunities, application procedures, salary verifications, etc.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of and adherence to all applicable legislation, standards and guidelines.
Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
The following are the minimum requirements of this position:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
- Certified Human Resources Professional or Certified Human Resources Leader designation is preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years of related work experience;
- Strong computer skills (including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office knowledge)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by no later than 4:00PM Friday, November 27, 2020 to:
- PVNCCDSB is committed to achieving excellence in Catholic education. We leverage our inclusive organizational culture to further build upon our dynamic and diverse workforce, reflective of the communities we serve. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC), PVNCCDSB will work collaboratively and respectfully with you in all stages of the recruitment process and throughout your employment. For further information about what accommodation and accessibility look like at PVNCCDSB please refer to our website. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please contact our Recruitment Officer at 705-748-4861 ext. 1229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org