Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Director of Finance/Treasurer, the Human Resources Manager maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for collective bargaining, collective agreement administration, grievance and arbitration procedures, and general employee and labour relations.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration with a focus on Human Resources and Labour Relations preferred.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience gained within a Human Resources department. Ability to demonstrate influence and impact at a managerial level.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy is required.
- Education in municipal government, particularly Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) training would be considered an asset.